Author Topic: Is there any "serious"-Skin for avast! 4 available?  (Read 22565 times)

Timo Schmidt

Is there any "serious"-Skin for avast! 4 available?
« on: March 22, 2004, 06:17:46 PM »
*Due to some harsh reactions I changed the text of my question - hope this time it's more polite - so - here the short and easy version :)*

I tried to avoid "professional" :D

The current standard-skin with its form and colors isn't really my taste!

My question is if there is a XP-Style-Skin available for download

Greetings

Timo
« Last Edit: March 26, 2004, 02:54:28 PM by Timo Schmidt »

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
Re:Is there any "serious"-Skin for avast! 4 available?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2004, 06:31:14 PM »
Check for the Lite-On skin...

http://www.avast.com/i_kat_71.html

One of those "professional" skins.
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2004, 04:42:28 PM »
Such a good product like avast! doesn't deserve this.

Tino, it's a matter of opinion... But, please, think it won't be better not to blame into such a good family of skins done by Martin Novak and Sasha...

They work hard, for free, collect our suggestions and opinions...
Probably, they don't deserve your blame  :(
The best things in life are free.

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2004, 09:47:50 PM »
Let him go Technical... I just helped him with few tips when he had a problem... I like those guys, just like him...

They are frustrated with other people's hard work... probably they didn't do much in their own life...

And btw, Timo... who you think you are to judge ? Mr. Judge maybe ???  ;D

Cheers !
« Last Edit: March 23, 2004, 09:49:02 PM by S.Z.Craftec »

Timo Schmidt

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2004, 10:31:37 PM »
@S.Z. Crafttec:

Judge Dredd perhaps? ;)

@all

OK - i didn't want to piss off someone neither I wanted to make your hard work bad.

Everyone has an own taste regarding skins. Someone likes the avast! 4 Standard-Skin others (like me) want a smooth (optical) integration in the OS.

Why should I be frustrated with other peoples work - I'm happy that a company offers such a great product for free :) - and I'm happy that there are some tough guys who support it with skins - for free too (thx RejZor - Finally I realized that there are some skins to download :D ;) ).

So guys cool down - like I said I didn't want to offend someone who does all the work for us free :)

Sorry

Timo :D  (@Technical :D)

p.s. Just downloaded the Lite-On Skin - nice work...
« Last Edit: March 23, 2004, 10:32:35 PM by Timo Schmidt »

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2004, 10:49:16 PM »
No hard feelings at all, but I feel so sad when somebody says that skull in Pirate skin looks childish. I put 180% of myself into all those skins made by me... I work hard on few other jobs as well... All those graphics that you can see inside my skins are 100% mine... I draw them, I don't copy other people's artwork... so, childish is not quite proper word...

EDIT: By the way, "avast" is PIRATE word, so they asked me to make Pirate skin... which I did...

Cheers !
« Last Edit: March 23, 2004, 10:50:54 PM by S.Z.Craftec »

Offline Lars-Erik

• Avast Evangelist
    • Lars-Erik Østerud
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2004, 11:09:42 PM »
My question is if there is a XP-Style-Skin available for download which looks like more "serious" or "professional" (damn - I finally i

I my opinon the standard XP look looks like a day-care-center style too (waste of scrren space and CPU time). Only thing to do is to stop the "Themes" service, and get the 98/NT/2000 look back :-)
www.osterud.name - ICQ: 7297605 - AIM/Yahoo/Facebook/Skype/Astra: LarsErikOsterud

Offline Lars-Erik

• Avast Evangelist
    • Lars-Erik Østerud
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2004, 11:14:00 PM »
BTW:  Can't someone make a "Classic Windows" skin. One that look like regular Windows programs? Please please?

(actually I think such a skin should be the standard skin for all programs - people can choose others if they want to)
www.osterud.name - ICQ: 7297605 - AIM/Yahoo/Facebook/Skype/Astra: LarsErikOsterud

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2004, 11:34:43 PM »
I really don't know if you guys are kidding me or what... just go to avast! skins download section and check all those skins in there... Don't tell me you are too lazy to do that...  ;D

* Lars-Erik -

Why don't you take a look at avast! skins download section ? There is Flat'n'Simple skin made by me... It's 100% Windows 95/98 look like...

EDIT: Do you guys really think that I can please you all in the same time ? It's NOT possible... simply, it's not possible... So many of you are complaining that other antivirus programs are good, but their GUIs are awful, ugly, too simple looking, whatever... now, no one is happy when you can choose between all those skins in download section...
Vlk told me once that we are going to spoil you with all those skins, and he was right... 100% right ! Vlk, my apologies to you my friend !!! I used to believe that these guys are nothing like that...

I think... no, I'm 100% sure, I'm not gonna make any more skins... that's enough. I tried to help people to be able to choose between all those "serious" or "gamey" look like skins, but it seems like no effect... only side effects.

I'm done...

Thank you all !!! I still love you, but my skin career is over... just take a look in here and everything will be much brighter for you: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=1;action=display;threadid=3475
« Last Edit: March 24, 2004, 08:52:12 PM by S.Z.Craftec »

dadkins_1

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2004, 02:06:43 AM »
Corporate maybe?

bbfi

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2004, 02:34:35 AM »
Hey Sasha,

I appreciated all of your hard work. My problem is that there are too many good ones to choose from, although my favorites in order are - Lite-On, Flat'n'Simple, Corporate, O-Sti-X, and G5 from your creations and Glass Plate and Blue Panel 4.0. ;D

I understand all of your hard work. I have not tried designing skins for Avast, but I do skins for True Launch Bar. And these are not 1/10th as hard to do as yours. There are always going to be complaints no matter what. It goes with the turf. ::)

I hope that you'll continue to stay at the forum, even if you do not make any more skins.   ;)

Steele

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2004, 03:13:59 AM »
Hi again Sasha!  ;D

I appreciated all the hard effort, and time you put into making these skins. I don't find ANY of them childish.

I sure hope that some of the comments made here by certain people doesn't damage your integrity as an artist.  :'(

Just accept that there are people out there who will ALWAYS want more for nothin'.

You're a fantastic artist!  ;D
Just do what you love to do and don't let such comments wind you up.

Take care mate,
~Steele Wolf~

PS: LITE-ON IS MY NEW PERSONAL FAVORITE!!!  8) 8)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2004, 03:17:24 AM by Steele »

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2004, 07:01:11 AM »
Lite-On rox. My favorite skin too :D
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Outsider

« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2004, 10:03:34 AM »
Hello evryone, have been using Avast home ed. for a long time (THANKS AVLWIL FOR GREAT SOFTWARE FREE FOR HOME USE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

and have been following this forum for quite a while....

Just registered some minutes a go to react to this tread: I am quite sure Timo did not intend his comment as it sounded...

SO ALL TOGETHER:  GO S.Z. Craftec GO GO GO !!!

Great skins; classy; and varied... and without getting paid for it..the world is not all bad  ;-)

greetings,

Outsider

Tipton

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2004, 02:58:50 PM »

The current standard-skin with its form and colors (look at that skull - lol) looks childish in my opinion! Such a good product like avast! doesn't deserve this.

Timo

The pirate skin is my favorite one. This is definately a case of, to each his own!

By the way, if you are truely not trying to piss anyone off, next time re-think your choice of words. You could have easily asked about skins without bashing the ones you don't like! Not very "proffessional" Woops! I used the word!  ;D

Douglas