Author Topic: Is there any "serious"-Skin for avast! 4 available?  (Read 22563 times)

CoJo

Re:Is there any "serious"-Skin for avast! 4 available?
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2004, 03:37:22 PM »
Sasha,
Let me join with the others in saying that you have done great work. You are a talented man...

Now, you must be develop another skin--a "tough" skin for yourself that protects your heart against the thoughtless and crude comments of others. No artist is going to please everyone...it is  part of the creative life.
If there are 100 people and two of them don't like your work...don't let those two mean more to you than the other 98 who love your style and designs.

peace, my friend

cojo

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2004, 03:59:27 PM »
How much someone likes one skin depends on personal taste and cannot be judged as those skins sucks or something like that.
Sasha (and Martin) was working hard on all those skins (i tried it by myself too and i can tell its not easy to make a skin for avast!) so there is at least one skin that you'll like. I don't know whats wrong whit Flat'n'simple and default Blue skin? F'n'S is very "classic" designed and looks very professional. Default blue is in my opinion very simple and nice,or Lite-On which mimic other "professional" antivirus programs. Just try to change the skin on Norton or on any other AV :P

If you don't like any of it,than buy a Pro version of avast! which has both,skinned interface (Simple) and classic professional interface (Enhanced).
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Offline Lars-Erik

• Avast Evangelist
    • Lars-Erik Østerud
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2004, 04:31:21 PM »
I really don't know if you guys are kidding me or what... just go to avast! skins download section and check all those skins in there... ;action=display;threadid=3475[/url]

Please please don't over-react. I did not say your skins was bad. I only said that maybe someone sjould make a "standard" skin.

Even though Flat'n'simple and the newest one (am at wokr now, don't remember the name) are quite plain, they still are not "no skin" (if you get my idea). I think all programs should have an option to turn skins off - if someone want the standard plain Win98 look (might be lots of reasons, lack of CPU and graphics power...)

BTW:  None of the skin really are plain Windows. Not if I compare them to a standard program (Notepad, Write etc) next to them.

Would the application be faster and smaller if they used the standard Windows graphics look (the one you choose in Display properties). Most serious program (Office, Outlook) do. Even other system (Agent mail, Browsers, buisiness system, OCR systems) do.

All I want is a "no skin" option - using the standard Windows look
www.osterud.name - ICQ: 7297605 - AIM/Yahoo/Facebook/Skype/Astra: LarsErikOsterud

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2004, 04:43:00 PM »
All I want is a "no skin" option - using the standard Windows look

I think (though I'm not 100% sure) that this option will be implemented. It will take some time, however - because the skins cannot be simply turned off by commenting a few lines of the code. Adding this option will require quite a lot of effort and big changes to the code.

zappafan

« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2004, 11:15:46 PM »
I like skins.
I like ppl that doing them for free.
I like ppl that share things.
I dont like ppl telling what others should do.
I dont like this kind of fight.

More skins for the ppl, I say.
Naked or not...

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2004, 11:33:35 PM »
lars-Erik wrote:
Even though Flat'n'simple and the newest one (am at wokr now, don't remember the name) are quite plain, they still are not "no skin" (if you get my idea). I think all programs should have an option to turn skins off - if someone want the standard plain Win98 look (might be lots of reasons, lack of CPU and graphics power...)

OK, do you want skin or you don't want skin... make up your mind. First you asked this (these are your words, not mine):
BTW:  Can't someone make a "Classic Windows" skin. One that look like regular Windows programs? Please please?

(actually I think such a skin should be the standard skin for all programs - people can choose others if they want to)

Can someone make classic Windows skin ? I made it and you said it's not quite plain... OK. Then, what you need is not skin... you don't really need anyone to make a skin for your taste. You need skinless program. avast! is fully skinable program, you can't have it without skins unless you buy Pro version...

You must understand... that if I have to work on skins, I'll make SKINS... I'm not here to make "invinsible" or unexisting skin for avast! That's programmer's issue...

Cheers !

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2004, 11:36:01 PM »
Sasha,
Let me join with the others in saying that you have done great work. You are a talented man...

Now, you must be develop another skin--a "tough" skin for yourself that protects your heart against the thoughtless and crude comments of others. No artist is going to please everyone...it is  part of the creative life.
If there are 100 people and two of them don't like your work...don't let those two mean more to you than the other 98 who love your style and designs.

peace, my friend

cojo

Thanks Cojo... persons like you make me wanna think twice before I quit something... You are right, 100% right my friend !

I'll try to make you happy with some new skins in the future... but, those skins will be professional styled only... not movie-style skins any more... I'm so tired of all those "CHILDISH" skins...  ;D

Cheers !

CoJo

« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2004, 02:50:56 AM »
Sasha,

peace, my friend

cojo

Thanks Cojo... persons like you make me wanna think twice before I quit something... You are right, 100% right my friend !

I'll try to make you happy with some new skins in the future... but, those skins will be professional styled only... not movie-style skins any more... I'm so tired of all those "CHILDISH" skins...  ;D

Cheers !

Sasha, your cheerful heart and God-given talent make me happy...
Thank you for being the such a good man, my friend. Please relax and enjoy this beautiful life...

cojo

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2004, 03:01:24 AM »
Sasha, you know we are with you  ;)
Don't leave us naked without skins  ;D
Don't forget my minimalist, even someday we can have it  8)
The best things in life are free.

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2004, 07:58:54 AM »
For all those who don't like any skins,there is Pro version and a Command line avast! :P
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Datagg

« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2004, 10:51:19 AM »
Anyone that takes time out for others is an awesome person. We all do here, help others who may need guidance or a helping hand. We must thank all who help and develope such awesome things. I know the hard work that goes into such things, and I cant always make everyone happy, but in my heart of hearts I know most are. The lesson here is just this, we cant make everyone happy all the time, but take in heart the ones who are and dont let the few ruin your hearts desire for any future desires you may have. Thru avast av, the skins and all the support here, we have an awesome family, dedicated to put a smile on each face. This is the goal, and that can never be taken away from us.

God bless,

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2004, 12:57:33 PM »
we have an awesome family, dedicated to put a smile on each face. This is the goal, and that can never be taken away from us.
God bless,

Thanks Datagg for sharing your - and our - feelings  ;)
The best things in life are free.

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2004, 03:14:34 PM »
That's the best thing about this forum... it's every time like this time... someone just arrived into this forum, everyone wish him welcome and all kind of nice things, and all of a sudden, he jumps all over somebody without any possible reason. What is the best of all ? We are one big familly in here, we don't even know how any other member of this forum even looks like... maybe, we pass each other on the streets every day, but we don't know that... no matter what are our personal differences or skin colour or religion, we all are members of the same tribe... AVAST! ADDICTS

You guys (my friends) are unbelievable. Every single time, someone jumps with conclusions regarding my work or something else, I can count on you, because I know that you are here for me and for everybody else who likes to help others and most of all, likes peace...

You guys successfully destroys someone's try to make fight in this forum... I like that, and thanks !

Offline Lars-Erik

• Avast Evangelist
    • Lars-Erik Østerud
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2004, 10:45:24 PM »
You must understand... that if I have to work on skins, I'll make SKINS... I'm not here to make "invinsible" or unexisting skin for avast! That's programmer's issue...

I did not meen to critizie you. When I asked for a "Classic Windows" skin I ment "a way to make avast! look like standard Win98/NT/2K"

I did not meen that you did a lousy job. It was more aimed at the programmers. I think all software should have a "no skin" option, and they have answerd that that will probebly happend too..."

I thought making a "100% Classic Windows" looking skin could be another way to solve this. I did not say that YOU should make it if you don't want to. I just asked if someone could make it (if I had know how - I would have tried making one myself :-)
www.osterud.name - ICQ: 7297605 - AIM/Yahoo/Facebook/Skype/Astra: LarsErikOsterud

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2004, 10:51:29 PM »
Don't worry Lars... I know that you meant nothing wrong... Maybe, I can make one Windows 95/98 skin, but totaly plain, without fancy animations or stuff like that. I still have to use animations for those 3 sliding panels, but I have idea how to make it unnoticeable and plain looking like... but it will still use some system resources, because it's not going to be "naked" avast!, it will still use a skin...

I just need to catche some spare time my friend... we'll see.

Regards !
« Last Edit: March 25, 2004, 10:53:15 PM by S.Z.Craftec »