Author Topic: [Transmeta][crusoe][cpu] problem with this old bullshit  (Read 2506 times)

ouija33

[Transmeta][crusoe][cpu] problem with this old bullshit
« on: April 11, 2008, 03:08:14 PM »
hi everyone,

I have a old tablet pc, a compaq tc-1000 with a transmeta crusoe cpu.  and this cpu need a little software to translate windows instruction to this type of cpu (i'm not a professional about this shit) but every time then i start this computer, avast think then this program is a virus.

just a funny fact for all other (maybe 10 in the world) but not a situation who need to be resolve.

Have a nice day everyone.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: [Transmeta][crusoe][cpu] problem with this old bullshit
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2008, 03:14:44 PM »
What is the infected file name, where was it found e.g. (C:\windows\system32\infected-file-name.xxx) ?  Check the avast! Log Viewer (right click the avast 'a' icon), Warning section, this contains information on all avast detections.

You could also check the offending/suspect file at: VirusTotal - Multi engine on-line virus scanner and report the findings here.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: [Transmeta][crusoe][cpu] problem with this old bullshit
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2008, 04:15:03 PM »
every time then i start this computer, avast think then this program is a virus.
This link is a tutorial on how to help correct a virus detection that you believe to be false:
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=25009.msg204838#msg204838
or http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=7779.msg62586#msg62586

As a workaround, you can add these files to the Standard Shield provider (on-access scanning) exclusion list.
Left click the 'a' blue icon, click on the provider icon at left and then Customize. Go to Advanced tab and click on Add button...
You can use wildcards like * and ?. But be careful, you should 'exclude' that many files that let your system in danger.
The best things in life are free.