Author Topic: Problems after Upgrading to avast! 4.8 Home Edition  (Read 1671 times)

tech_dude

Problems after Upgrading to avast! 4.8 Home Edition
« on: April 11, 2008, 11:06:33 PM »
I upgraded my avast! 4.7 Home Edition to avast! 4.8. But after upgradation, while installing VPS Updates manually, it shows an error like this:-
Can't install VPS update. Please, report following errorcodes:
Ve:4.8.1169
SI: 0xFFFFFFFF
LE: 0x00000000

When I open the program and click on iavs nutton, nothing happens.
Even I tried to uninstall it, but when I click on Uninstall in Add/Remove Programs, nothing happens.

Please help

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Problems after Upgrading to avast! 4.8 Home Edition
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2008, 11:32:34 PM »
Looks like something has gone wrong with the update, the update errors aren't as much of a concern as the inability to uninstall.

Download the latest version of avast http://www.avast.com/eng/download-avast-home.html and save it to your HDD, somewhere you can find it again. Use that when you reinstall.

Download the avast! Uninstall Utility, find it here and save it to your HDD.

Now run the uninstall utility (see below), reboot, install the latest version, reboot.

The new uninstall utility may not be able to cope with the self-defence module, so you may need to disable that first before running. Program Settings, Troubleshooting, 'Disable avast! self-defence module.' If that doesn't work boot into safe mode and run the uninstall utility from there (avast doesn't start automatically in safe mode so you shouldn't have any trouble.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security