Author Topic: my licence  (Read 4137 times)

Jean

my licence
« on: March 23, 2004, 12:05:07 AM »
 I am using avast 4 Home Edition since a week.
 I am being asked to paste my licence every time.
 How do I go by avoiding this situation. I find my self  forced to save the e-mail received. Should I erase it inadvertandly I'll have to re-register again.

Your technical advise please.

Jean

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re:my licence
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2004, 01:39:34 PM »
I am using avast 4 Home Edition since a week.
 I am being asked to paste my licence every time.
 How do I go by avoiding this situation. I find my self  forced to save the e-mail received. Should I erase it inadvertandly I'll have to re-register again.

Your technical advise please.

Jean

What is the problem? avast! asks for a new license key number? Did you paste at least one your license key?
Are your system date/time correct (specially the 'year')?

Could you explain a little more?
The best things in life are free.

webworm9

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2004, 03:07:30 PM »
I having the exact same problem with xp home.   It asking me to enter my licenses every so often
Did you happen to install xp sp2 beta?   I think there may be a conflict with this.  

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2004, 03:22:17 AM »
I having the exact same problem with xp home.   It asking me to enter my licenses every so often.
Did you happen to install xp sp2 beta? I think there may be a conflict with this.

I never had such a problem with avast key.
You can Register again and try to use another key. Better if you copy & paste it to avoid errors of typing.
Please, boot after the installation and only paste the key at next boot at one administrator account. Good luck.  ;)
The best things in life are free.