Author Topic: Warezov  (Read 2322 times)

reles

Warezov
« on: April 15, 2008, 05:10:36 AM »

Ok, I have been suffering from a very absurd situation and parallel to that, my AVG scans reveals that I have a new worm by the name of Warezov, so I'm wondering if it's this little guy who's messing with me.

Turns out that one day, out of nowehere, I couldn't load youtube videos anymore. I went to the link that was given and installed the new flash but it never worked despite the many times that I've done it. Additionally:

-I use firefox, but it's not the browser that's causing the problem because I tried uploading the videos using Safari and it doesn't work either

-Javascript is not disabled, because I checked the settings and it is enabled (also I tried loading a chat room that works with Java script and it loads without any inconveniences)

-I can actually view pretty much anything Flash-based (including the ads on the myspace pages, the youtube videos uploaded on the myspace pages and the animations in this page www.pianographique.co) but I can't view youtube videos at www.youtube.com.

-I use Windows XP

-I used the "Remover" tool but it doesn't seem to have helped. At the end of the scan it said "Scan your machine with the updated antivirus". I did and Avast didn't find anything.