Author Topic: setting up the virus scan  (Read 1956 times)

welder4

setting up the virus scan
« on: April 21, 2008, 03:54:46 PM »
How can I set the virus scan to automatically put the virus in the virus chest , It will put the banner to alert me to the virus and ask me if I want to put it in the chest but I have not found a place yet that I can just have it put it in the chest so I can do something else and come back later and deal with the items in the chest . what happens is when it finds a virus it will wait on me to tell it to put it in the chest or not . and I may be gone for an hour and then I lose the hours scanning time .  I would like to scan during sleep time and wake up go to the computer and have the scan finished and deal with the items in the chest but it stops when it finds a virus and waits till I do something . Any help would be appreciated

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: setting up the virus scan
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2008, 04:02:06 PM »
You can't... only in Professional version (see picture here: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=13315.msg112285#msg112285).

In Home version you can check the option "Don't show this window again" as soon as the first virus warning appears, and click on "No action" button. This way, nothing will be done and you will be presented the results at the end (and you can perform actions from there).

You can use Silent Mode:

Left click the 'a' blue icon.
It will start On-access protection

Click on Internet Mail and then on Customize.
Go to Advanced tab and select Silent Mode and the default answer No. This will send the file (email) to Chest.
But take a look here: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=28088.msg229736#msg229736

Do the same for the and Outlook/Exchange plugin.
The answer Yes in Silent Mode keeps the virus in the file or into the message (attach) and continue the scanning. You can't configure 'delete the infected file' in the Home version.

You can do the same for Standard Shield provider, but it won't be a good idea...

Silent mode in the case of the WebShield provider simply means that avast will keep pressing the "Abort connection" button for the user automatically.
The best things in life are free.