Author Topic: Outlook warning message - how to stop?  (Read 3393 times)

ToBas

Outlook warning message - how to stop?
« on: March 25, 2004, 08:10:53 AM »
Whenever Avast finds a virus-laden pop3 email heading towards my Outlook 2003, it pops up a message box asking me what I want to do with it. I always click move to chest which it does and removes the virus from an email. However it waits for my choice before carrying on with the rest of my emails. Is there an option to tick/untick that will make avast do it automatically without pausing?

I don't want to mess around with the options in case I change the wrong setting and allow a virus through. I need to change the setting so I can leave my PC running to keep my online pop3 folder empty while I'm away.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re:Outlook warning message - how to stop?
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2004, 01:05:33 PM »
Whenever Avast finds a virus-laden pop3 email heading towards my Outlook 2003, it pops up a message box asking me what I want to do with it. I always click move to chest which it does and removes the virus from an email. However it waits for my choice before carrying on with the rest of my emails. Is there an option to tick/untick that will make avast do it automatically without pausing?

I don't want to mess around with the options in case I change the wrong setting and allow a virus through. I need to change the setting so I can leave my PC running to keep my online pop3 folder empty while I'm away.

The automatic actions are only on Pro version. Can't you buy it?  ;D
There you will be able to configure the actions take must be done with infected files (emails):
repair <if fails then> move to Chest <if fails then> delete ... and so on
The command <if fails then> is very useful to prevent any posibility of 'wrong' action or paused requiring an user interaction.

Well, there is some tricks in the Home version but it will be a long story and you must know exactly what are you doing to configurate it for only one automatic action: Move to Chest.
The best things in life are free.