Author Topic: A FEW questions.  (Read 11213 times)

bluegang6

Re: A FEW questions.
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2008, 01:11:20 AM »
hmm i never considered that
ill think about keeping both avast on both( i still didnt remove anything)
Tech u r the best man thnx for keeping me up all the way XD

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2008, 01:20:54 AM »
Hmm, what was it you hadn't considered ?
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2008, 04:09:08 PM »
Tech is it alright?
1. avast is not compatible with AVG or Antivir.
2. avast if fully compatible with: SUPERAntiSpyware, PC Tools Firewall Plus, SpywareBlaster,
SiteAdvisor, Secunia Software Inspector, IE, Opera or Firefox, mentioned in that thread.
The best things in life are free.

bluegang6

« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2008, 11:48:15 PM »
Hmm, what was it you hadn't considered ?
I havnt cinsidered what u said about the extra ptoection that i may get from AVAST!, but does AVAST! have an application control(like a firewall?)?

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2008, 12:09:39 AM »
No avast isn't a firewall, so you would need than, but avira hasn't got a firewall either. I have to admit I'm not particularly fond of suites as they are often bloated monstrosities which don't have best of breed modules (e.g. the best AV to suit your needs, the best firewall to suit your needs, etc.) and are often a compromise. I far prefer to chose individual products that suit my needs.

However that said avast is working on a firewall, when that is likely to happen hasn't been announced.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

bluegang6

« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2008, 02:17:54 AM »
No avast isn't a firewall, so you would need than, but avira hasn't got a firewall either.
However that said avast is working on a firewall, when that is likely to happen hasn't been announced.
Well, it wasn't Avira that i was worried about, just yesterday, my other laptop fell and broke, but luckily, i called PCSafetyPlus(F-Secure), to realize that they will pay us any physical damage that happened to the laptop up to $1000, as tho the other laptop does not have F-Secure, i am still in business with them, so they might be able to help me pay of the damages made.
And to know that Avast is going to have a firewall is great, because i would want a firewall with really good strength that notifies me when an application is trying to access the internet.
Avast is still one of my main Av's on one of my computers, and i am not really thinking to switch to Avira any more.\
Regards
Bluegang6