Author Topic: How to save the customized Tag in Email after been scanned by avast?  (Read 2855 times)

patou7067

I've got Avast Professional 4.8.1169.

I wanted to modify the tags which are included in the bottom of the Email after AVAST has scanned it. When I want to save my modifications in the file aswClnTg.htm , I got the message that I don't have the rights to save it in the directory.
When I stop AVAST, i can't modify the file either..
How can I manage this to modify this tag ?

Tks for our answers
Patou

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
That is the avast self-defence at work.

avast! Program Settings, Troubleshooting, disable self-defence, make your modifications, copy/backup the file and enable self-defence again.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

OisteinR

Not very user friendly though...
The self-defence should turn itself off when editing these files inside avast!

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Not very user friendly though...
The self-defence should turn itself off when editing these files inside avast!
They know... this will be changed in next program update.
The best things in life are free.

patou7067

That is the avast self-defence at work.

avast! Program Settings, Troubleshooting, disable self-defence, make your modifications, copy/backup the file and enable self-defence again.

Thanks for your answer but very strange to do this this way...
It would be better to let the user open/modify the files using a password and then save them. So you should be sure that the files are not modified from another persons or hackers...

Patou

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
Sure, it is a BUG in the current version of avast, it's going to be fixed in the next program update.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
So you should be sure that the files are not modified from another persons or hackers...
They don't want a password protection, they want another level of security of avast folders/files. Password could be bypassed, hacked... the problem is that self-defense module shouldn't block these files.
The best things in life are free.