Author Topic: Mail Protection Wizard  (Read 4294 times)

SlimJim

Mail Protection Wizard
« on: March 24, 2004, 04:33:31 PM »
I just downloaded Avast and it isn't scanning my e-mail. To get this started I need to start 'Mail Protection Wizard', which I don't know how to start. Can someone describe how to start this wizard?...Thanks....Jim

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re:Mail Protection Wizard
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2004, 05:06:43 PM »
See the blue ball with the "A" in it next to the clock? Right click, choose "on access protection" You can set it there.

SlimJim

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2004, 06:20:09 PM »
Thanks for the help....I'm up and running Avast with e-mail protection now....Yea!!

I also found out you can access the wizard by goung to start, programs, Avast then click the wizard...Jim ;D

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2004, 09:00:29 PM »
Thanks for the help....I'm up and running Avast with e-mail protection now....Yea!!

I also found out you can access the wizard by goung to start, programs, Avast then click the wizard...Jim ;D

Jim, you found the solution alone  ;D
Feel free to ask us anything you cannot do but, if you can, try to come here and help the otheres  ;)
The best things in life are free.

Offline MikeBCda

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2004, 12:22:21 AM »
I found that the mail wizard is one more program that it's handy to "send to" a desktop short-cut icon.  You probably won't use it often, but it's a lot more accessible that way than wading through the Start Menu.
Intel Atom D2700, 2 gig RAM, Win 7 x64 SP1 & IE-11, Firefox 51.0
(default). 320 gig HD, 15Mb DSL, Win firewall, Avast 12.3.2280 free, SpywareBlaster, MBAM Prem., Crypto-Prevent