Author Topic: icon stopped spinning  (Read 2410 times)

lodger

icon stopped spinning
« on: May 05, 2008, 11:04:36 AM »
Hello everyone!  I switched to Avast! from AVG8 a couple of days ago and have been very pleased with the program which I find easy to use and doesn't seem to hog memory on my rather sluggish five-year-old Dell Inspirion.  However, this morning I noticed that the toolbar icon has stopped spinning which it previously did when scanning web pages and incoming emails.  I can see that scanning has taken place by bringing up the On-Access dialog box but I was wondering why the icon isn't spinning now and whether any other users have experienced this.  Apologies if this issue has already been previously discussed elsewhere on the forum!

onlysomeone

Re: icon stopped spinning
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2008, 11:37:08 AM »
Hi lodger!

Probably the settings were changed:
rightclick on the Avast!-icon in the taskbar --> settings --> second entry in the left column --> in the right part of the window you can see the entry 'animate icon...'

If you see, that the files are scanned although the icon doesn't spin, everything should be OK.

yours
onlysomeone

lodger

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2008, 12:05:58 PM »
Thanks onlysomeone - I checked the Appearance settings and "Animate icon when scanning" is ticked so it should spin!  But as you say, as long as the Outlook/Exchange and Web Shield providers show that scans are being made then I suppose I've got nothing to worry about!  Cheers, lodger

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2008, 04:28:04 AM »
Welcome to avast forums.
It's becoming frequent that AVG users are converted to avast due to last movement from 7.5 to 8 version of AVG and also the best forum support ;)
The best things in life are free.

lodger

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2008, 08:22:53 AM »
Yes Tech, you are absolutely right!  I find that Avast! is much better than AVG (both 8 AND 7.5).  And yes, this is an excellent resource forum, thanks to all contributors!  Cheers, lodger

PS This morning my icon started spinning again!