Author Topic: Trojans Need Help  (Read 2924 times)

dx24

Trojans Need Help
« on: April 27, 2008, 11:16:53 PM »
I had all kinds of popups and errors on my dell xp computer.  I used Trend Micros programs and it found troj_vundo.  Some stuff like java isnt working properly and freezes in internet explorer often.  Ive used Avg and avast and got rid of some but cant fix em.  What can I do?

Offline oldman

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Some days..... MOS...this bug's for you
Re: Trojans Need Help
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2008, 11:28:20 PM »
    It is vitally important that combofix is renamed before it is even started to download

Please download ComboFix from Here or Here to your Desktop.

**Note:  In the event you already have Combofix, this is a new version that I need you to download. It is important that it is saved directly to your desktop**

• If you are using Firefox, make sure that your download settings are as follows:

-Tools->Options->Main tab
         -Set to "Always ask me where to Save the files".

• During the download, rename Combofix to Combo-Fix as follows:

• It is important you rename Combofix during the download, but not after.
    • Please do not rename Combofix to other names, but only to the one indicated.
    • Close any open browsers.
    • Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    • Very Important! Temporarily disable your anti-virus, script blocking and any anti-malware real-time protection before performing a scan. They can interfere with ComboFix or remove some of its embedded files which may cause "unpredictable results".
    • Click on this link to see a list of programs that should be disabled. The list is not all inclusive. If yours is not listed and you don't know how to disable it, please ask.[/color]
    • Close any open browsers.
    • WARNING: Combofix will disconnect your machine from the Internet as soon as it starts
    • Please do not attempt to re-connect your machine back to the Internet until Combofix has completely finished.
    • If there is no internet connection after running Combofix, then restart your computer to restore back your connection.
    • Double click on combofix.exe & follow the prompts.
    • When finished, it will produce a report for you. 
    • Please post the "C:\ComboFix.txt" along with a new HijackThis log for further review.
    **Note: Do not mouseclick combofix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stall**

Click here to download HJTsetup.exe
    • Save HJTsetup.exe to your desktop.
    • Doubleclick on the HJTsetup.exe icon on your desktop.
    • By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Hijack This.
    • Continue to click Next in the setup dialogue boxes until you get to the Select Addition Tasks dialogue.
    • Put a check by Create a desktop icon then click Next again.
    • Continue to follow the rest of the prompts from there.
    • At the final dialogue box click Finish and it will launch Hijack This.
    • Click on the Do a system scan and save a logfile button. It will scan and the log should open in notepad.
    • Click on "Edit > Select All" then click on "Edit > Copy" to copy the entire contents of the log.
    • Come back here to this thread and Paste the log in your next reply.
    • DO NOT have Hijack This fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.