Author Topic: Not so great payment system?  (Read 3617 times)

Sopan

Not so great payment system?
« on: May 15, 2008, 11:51:38 AM »
Sorry if im putting this in the wrong forum. Im not asking for payment support, just giving you my perspective on something that could be an issue.

Since ive been a satisfied user of Avast Home for a long time now I felt it only right that I show my support and buy the proffessional edition. I tried doing so and immediately received a payment confirmation, as usual for online shopping, as if all was well. But then the next morning I see an unspecific mail that basically just says "payment failed". Something similar has happened a total of once during my many years of buying things over the internet and this does not create a good impression. I even doublechecked my details to make sure there was no mistake on my end but since there werent I saw no reason to try again.

I might still go for a local purchase option, even though its costs a bit more. However a person in my situation thats just buying to show support and doesnt really care much about the additional features will, in my opinion, be very likely to just say "forget it" and keep using the home edition. And thus the point of the post: if this happens frequently, and I didnt just get unlucky somehow, you might want to consider if its costing you sales and perhaps use another payment system.

Offline alanrf

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Just an avast user
Re: Not so great payment system?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2008, 12:08:46 PM »
I support others who do not pay for avast and so I stay with the free Home edition.

However when, like you, I paid for an avast license to register support I had no difficulties with that payment.  I hope that your experience is an isolated occurrence and that you will receive assistance to clear up the problem from Alwil.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2008, 03:54:53 PM »
You could email sales (at) avast dot com and report the problem. I'm sure they will be very interested/concerned in the problem you experienced.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2008, 04:45:30 PM »
Was the e-mail you get from share*it?
Any more details (on the failure) inside?

Sopan

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2008, 02:01:36 AM »
Yes your right I could probably get it working with some help from support. Its just that alot of people probably wouldnt go to that effort if their just interested in supporting the software and not in the additional features. Imagine hearing a talented streetmusician, that you feel deserves a bit of cash, who proceeds to hand you a five page questionnare that you need to fill out before he accepts any money.

But anyways it could very well be a nonissue, maybe I just got unlucky. Its just the fact that the mail suggested I contact support if payment fails AGAIN that made me feel as though it might not be an entirely rare incident. Id say just ONE failed payment is a pretty big flub considering its happened to me a grand total of once, despite frequently using the web for shopping.

As for the contents of the mail there were no details whatsoever about what might have gone wrong. Unfortunately I cant quote the exact wording since I already deleted it.

Offline lukor

• Administrator
  • Super Poster
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2008, 09:30:45 AM »
Hi,
so I assume you have not received the email with Avast PRO registration key, or have you?

Sopan

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2008, 12:55:19 PM »
Hello. Nope as I understood it getting the registration key is basically getting the software so I assume they would have sent the information after payment was finalized. Though admittedly most shops just give you a download link and regkey straight away, dont know why it took this particular one so long to confim (or in my case fail to confirm) my payment.

Edit: I see im kind of contradicting my first post here. What I meant with confirm in first post was basically a mail saying "we see your order and now were going to process it".
« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 01:02:38 PM by Sopan »