Author Topic: Vista Event viewer - Avast services interact with desktop  (Read 3264 times)

Swampy_48

Vista Event viewer - Avast services interact with desktop
« on: May 01, 2008, 05:26:41 AM »
First,

Hi to all of you  :)    And thanks for this software !

I'm on a new install of Vista Home Premium, and Avast Home 4.8.

Everything seems to work good so far, but there is one thing who maybe is important :

In the Event viewer, there are some errors relate to Avast services ( Web/Avast/Mail/Control) :

One of them, ( i will try to translate from french..)  --->

" Avast Control Service is registered to interact with desktop. However, the system is configured to not allow the interactive services . This service maybe can not run properly. "

The same Event with the same ID ans text for the four services related to Avast on my system.

When i click on "Help on this Event" , this send me at Microsoft help :   http://technet2.microsoft.com/windowsserver2008/en/library/639b684f-ee51-4496-8146-6267ac46cc5c1033.mspx?mfr=true

So, what to do with this ?   I think it must be an important thing, but while i'm absolutely not expert on Vista ( i learned it), i ask here.

If i deactivated interaction with desktop in services manager, will Avast work 100% ?

Thanks for a so good free security software !!

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Vista Event viewer - Avast services interact with desktop
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2008, 04:06:07 AM »
Strange, in my system (Vista Business 32bits) avast is set to interact with desktop... no problems  ???
The best things in life are free.

Swampy_48

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2008, 05:07:29 AM »
Hi Tech,

Yes strange ..

I have Vista HP with SP1 ; All update done ; And, if it's important to relate, UAC turned off.

This is obviously strange cause :

2 hours ago, i restarted my system, waited 1 hour, and  i went to the Event viewer : And no errors related to Avast services configured to interact with desktop ... ( while i didn't changed anything in services manager)

Don't understand ..

If i find again those errors in event viewer again, i will say it here.

Thanks for reply.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2008, 02:05:59 PM »
I have Vista HP with SP1 ; All update done ; And, if it's important to relate, UAC turned off.
I have a HP notebook, Vista SP1 fully updated and UAC turned on.
So, systems are the similar.
Maybe you should test an installation from the scratch. Did you have any other antivirus in this computer (OEM)?

Swampy_48

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2008, 04:59:19 PM »
When i say HP, i mean Home Premium   ;)

Sorry for the confusion ..

I saw something :

There is the error messages in Event viewer at, and only at, when installing Avast. After that,on the next boots, no more errors related to that in event viewer.

I don't understand this behavior, but it doesn't seem to be so important after all ..

I watch closely how Avast work and everything seem to be good.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2008, 05:31:20 PM »
There is the error messages in Event viewer at, and only at, when installing Avast. After that,on the next boots, no more errors related to that in event viewer.
I don't understand this behavior, but it doesn't seem to be so important after all
I feel the same... where you checking the service settings after installing and before booting?

Swampy_48

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2008, 02:11:17 AM »
Yes, that's right.

Just after installing Avast,  i checked the Event Viewer, and the Services. Just to be sure everything was Ok.

But i'm not 100% sure if there was errors in Event Viewer just before rebooting, or just after the first one. Sorry ..