Author Topic: aswcmd.exe  (Read 7936 times)

rsfeller

aswcmd.exe
« on: May 04, 2008, 05:55:32 PM »
Where can I find the switches and command line options for aswcmd.exe?

I am trying to run it for hmailserver to tag virus but it tagging way to many false positives. I need to figure out if there is a way to only allow it to trigger a code on attachments and not email content.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Re: aswcmd.exe
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2008, 06:10:12 PM »
How about aswcmd.exe /?
Or, avast! help contains description of aswcmd command-line parameters as well. However, there's certainly no argument to disable scanning of a file, while keep on scanning files unpacked from it.

Maybe you could post more about the false positives?

rsfeller

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2008, 06:14:28 PM »
Maybe I should have been more clear. I'm not stating that Avast is producing the false positives but that my configuration is producing them.

Now that I have had more time to look into the matter I believe my issue lies in the fact I don't know what RETURN VALUE Avast sends when it finds a virus to my hmailserver program. Over half the emails that pass through my current configuration are claiming that that a virus was found and that it was stripped from the attachment even knowing there were no attachments!

I simply have a return value code of "0" which is the only way I can get Avast to trigger a posible virus, but in fact the configuration between hmailserver and Avast is creating to many false postitives.

I would try to review the help file to see if anything there helps. Do you know anything of a RETURN VALUE code?

Thank you for your time and consideration.

EDIT: I Have to add now that I've looked at the help file I see references to a ASHCMD file but not the ASWCMD file I have been using, I don't even see a ASFCMD file in the directory?!?!?!!? Was the name changed to the file but not the help section?
« Last Edit: May 04, 2008, 06:16:59 PM by rsfeller »

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2008, 06:23:42 PM »
The return value (error code) is also covered in the help (ashCmd Program / ashCmd Return Codes).
Regarding the name - don't worry about it. The file is called ashCmd.exe in avast! Home/Pro, and aswCmd.exe in avast! 4 Server. However, they are the same.

rsfeller

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2008, 06:25:48 PM »
Great, will do my homework now!