Author Topic: "ZipGenius and Avast Strings"  (Read 3136 times)

maybeok0

"ZipGenius and Avast Strings"
« on: May 07, 2008, 02:18:24 PM »
I am using the current "Free Avast 4.8 Home" and "Zip Genius Version 6.0.3.1150"
I entered as suggested by ZipGenius the Antivirus "Strings" into the ZipGenius "Antivirus Program Path"  of "ashQuick.exe" [without the " Quotes]  and in the "Additional Parameters" the "String" of “%s” [With the " quotes].
Yes! all seemed to function OK on opening a Zip File,  except I found it awfully quick. as impossible to read any of the results owing to the speed of doing same.
Please Note! Previously I had been using the Free AVG 7.5. The AVG program showed a box just  after you right click the Zip [Virus] scan from which you could read the results.

It would be much more sensible if you could have the same with the ZipGenius/Avast  programming.
Is the a better string one can use to delay/hold/read the result of this information

I am using Windows XP OEM Home with all Updates

Your comments would be appreciated
Regards
[I an from Australia]

« Last Edit: May 07, 2008, 02:20:56 PM by maybeok0 »

LorenzoC

Re: "ZipGenius and Avast Strings"
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2008, 02:26:44 PM »
I am new to AVAST but maybe you could try opening the main AVAST window, go on settings and select "show results of explorer extension" as if I understood it correctly the executable you set in the zip thingy is the one opened from the explorer.

maybeok0

Thanks to "LorenzoC"
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2008, 02:38:00 PM »
Many thanks for your help/instructions

Yes it is all now OK

Regards

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: "ZipGenius and Avast Strings"
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2008, 03:07:31 PM »
There are no strings/parameters required for the ashquick.exe scan but you need the full path, assuming that you installed avast in the default location, "C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashQuick.exe" without the quotes should do the job.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security