Author Topic: Is there any "serious"-Skin for avast! 4 available?  (Read 22562 times)

Offline Lars-Erik

• Avast Evangelist
    • Lars-Erik Østerud
Re:Is there any "serious"-Skin for avast! 4 available?
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2004, 11:00:53 PM »
I just need to catche some spare time my friend... we'll see.

Time, time...  Wish someone could expand the 24-hours a bit :-)
(I know, I work for a software company in Norway myself :-)
www.osterud.name - ICQ: 7297605 - AIM/Yahoo/Facebook/Skype/Astra: LarsErikOsterud

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2004, 12:05:01 AM »
You guys successfully destroys someone's try to make fight in this forum... I like that, and thanks !

That's a part of the deal  ;D
We are being successfull to keep ourselves at the top of the Internet forums!  8)
The best things in life are free.

Timo Schmidt

« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2004, 02:44:01 PM »
That's the best thing about this forum... it's every time like this time... someone just arrived into this forum, everyone wish him welcome and all kind of nice things, and all of a sudden, he jumps all over somebody without any possible reason. What is the best of all ? We are one big familly in here, we don't even know how any other member of this forum even looks like... maybe, we pass each other on the streets every day, but we don't know that... no matter what are our personal differences or skin colour or religion, we all are members of the same tribe... AVAST! ADDICTS

You guys (my friends) are unbelievable. Every single time, someone jumps with conclusions regarding my work or something else, I can count on you, because I know that you are here for me and for everybody else who likes to help others and most of all, likes peace...

You guys successfully destroys someone's try to make fight in this forum... I like that, and thanks !

OK - lets assume this is a German Forum and You as an English-speaking guy with some German-Knowledge try to explain something.

First question: What do I want, why do I write in this forum...  OK
Second question: How do I explain (with my given "Word-Chest") this so that the people understand what I want... OK
Third question: Find the correct words so that noone gets pissed (sorry for this harsh word) off and change Step 2 according Step 3... *hmmm - thinking*

According to your reactions I know that the third question wasn't really done well by me  :'(. And therefore I would appologize myself.

I know you (the "skinners") and the company are doing great work here, not only because the skins (for example those in the download-section) meet almost everyone's taste - they are for free!

As result of the (understandable) reactions of my posting I will change the first one or delete it completely...

Regards

Timo

p.s. I never tried to make fight in this forum
« Last Edit: March 26, 2004, 02:52:46 PM by Timo Schmidt »

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2004, 03:27:16 PM »
Timo Wrote:
OK - lets assume this is a German Forum and You as an English-speaking guy with some German-Knowledge try to explain something.

I really don't know how to speak or understand German language... and I don't understand quite well what was your point in that quote... sorry.

First question: What do I want, why do I write in this forum...

hmmm... I really don't know...

Second question: How do I explain (with my given "Word-Chest") this so that the people understand what I want...

If you are talking about VIRUS CHEST, LOCAL DISKS, IAVS... buttons... you are at wrong address my friend. Those buttons has names that Alwil team gave them, not me. I just design skins... Anyway you have those standard icons, so anyone who is not lazy can figure it out what is the meaning of each and every single button...

Third question: Find the correct words so that noone gets pissed (sorry for this harsh word) off and change Step 2 according Step 3... *hmmm - thinking*

Just read my second answer to you... evertyhing is in there...

Timo Schmidt

« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2004, 03:47:17 PM »
Timo Wrote:

I really don't know how to speak or understand German language... and I don't understand quite well what was your point in that quote... sorry.

First question: What do I want, why do I write in this forum...

hmmm... I really don't know...

Second question: How do I explain (with my given "Word-Chest") this so that the people understand what I want...

If you are talking about VIRUS CHEST, LOCAL DISKS, IAVS... buttons... you are at wrong address my friend. Those buttons has names that Alwil team gave them, not me. I just design skins... Anyway you have those standard icons, so anyone who is not lazy can figure it out what is the meaning of each and every single button...

Just read my second answer to you... evertyhing is in there...

My intention was to describe how to write down a polite (polite = opposite of "harsh") question (for example "are there other skins than the standard-skin available") if you don't speak the forum-language ;). And this is done by asking and answering yourself 3 questions :D
« Last Edit: March 26, 2004, 03:49:10 PM by Timo Schmidt »

CoJo

« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2004, 06:09:29 PM »
You must understand... that if I have to work on skins, I'll make SKINS... I'm not here to make "invinsible" or unexisting skin for avast! That's programmer's issue...

I did not meen to critizie you. When I asked for a "Classic Windows" skin I ment "a way to make avast! look like standard Win98/NT/2K"

I did not meen that you did a lousy job. It was more aimed at the programmers. I think all software should have a "no skin" option, and they have answerd that that will probebly happend too..."

I thought making a "100% Classic Windows" looking skin could be another way to solve this. I did not say that YOU should make it if you don't want to. I just asked if someone could make it (if I had know how - I would have tried making one myself :-)

Lars, you have been a gentleman in your responses...I salute you, sir!

cojo