Author Topic: Shadowprotect problem  (Read 3345 times)

miscreant

Shadowprotect problem
« on: May 12, 2008, 06:46:52 PM »
I just happened to open avast gui today (from the tray icon),and noticed that the standard shield had a "last infected"entry next to it.This entry was shadow protect.exe.I checked avast logs and sure enough under warning log there was the entry.What suprised me though is that no popup occurred to show me this had been detected (false positive or not).I only noticed the entry because i opened the gui.I then opened shadowprotect which is my backup programme only to find ,that it would not connect (when you open it ,it connects to the server and checks that its registered to your computer).However i had an error ,and shadowprotect licence says its disconnected.Its activation button is also greyed out.I guess ill have to contact shadowprotect to see whats gone wrong ,though it seems too much of a coincidence for avast to flag it and now it doesn't work.Any ideas whats gone wrong here? ,and why avst didnt warn me of any thing?Has avast update broken shadowprotect somehow?.Using vista premium os.
http://img293.imageshack.us/my.php?image=20080512172534pr5.png

tia

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Shadowprotect problem
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2008, 10:01:28 PM »
Corrected by the latest VPS I believe.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

miscreant

Re: Shadowprotect problem
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2008, 10:10:02 PM »
Hello David
Yes shadowprotect now works.The only thing im worried about is that i had no popup saying it had detected anything in the file like others when it first detected it as a trojan.However ive just tried eicar and that pops up.There's no fathoming computers sometimes.
m