Author Topic: Avast vs Netsky virus  (Read 5128 times)

Pandy

Avast vs Netsky virus
« on: March 26, 2004, 07:01:56 PM »
Man, I hope someone can tell me what to do. This morning I received an e-mail infected with Netsky. Avast caught it and I told it to delete it. Now I can't "connect to pop server". I have Incredimail for my e-mail. Unfortunately I didn't see where the virus was before I deleted it. Is there any way to get it back and then tell Avast to repair instead. Not sure what other info to include.
Pandy

Pandy

Re:Avast vs Netsky virus
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2004, 09:09:54 PM »
 ::)Um Ok, I'm embarrassed. I fixed my problem myself by reinstalling Incredimail. Avast wasn't the problem. To those who viewed this thread... Fuhgeddaboutit. LOL. I appreciate the time that people take on this forum, so thanks anyway. Just like to add that Avast is a wonderful app. and I love it. One more AV scan still shows no Netsky.
Thanks again

Pandy

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2004, 02:33:06 AM »
Pandy, I was reading just from the beggining but I cannot figure out what was happening. I just want to say that you were not alone in this time.
I suggest an on-line scanning to be sure you're clean (see here on On-line Viruses Tests section or, to be fast, try Trend Micro  ;D
The best things in life are free.

Pandy

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2004, 02:23:44 PM »
 :)Hi Technical, I did as you suggested and had an on-line virus scan at trendMicro and it came out clean. I'm all straightened around. These virus e-mails are getting very tiresome. I received 2 infected e-mails yesterday. One claimed to be from my ISP. Avast grabbed them both. Thank-you for responding to my rather hysterical thread. LOL Have a great weekend

Pandy

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2004, 04:42:29 PM »
:)Hi Technical, I did as you suggested and had an on-line virus scan at trendMicro and it came out clean. I'm all straightened around. These virus e-mails are getting very tiresome. I received 2 infected e-mails yesterday. One claimed to be from my ISP. Avast grabbed them both. Thank-you for responding to my rather hysterical thread. LOL Have a great weekend

Pandy

No need for excuses... You're wellcome anytime you have a problem.  8)
Glad you are virus-free. Yesterday was a bad day for Netsky infections  >:(
The best things in life are free.

neal62

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2004, 07:42:30 AM »
I am impressed with Avast 4 Home/Pro that I have installed on my pc. Tonight it caught an incoming e-mail supposedly from my brother. This e-mail it said had the Win32 Netsky-C with an attachment. I of course deleted the e-mail, no harm done. Earlier though at work using a different O.S. that had "Visnetic" on it, I saw this same e-mail and deleted it without opening the attachment. That Anti-Virus program at work did not notify me of this infection. I really do not think this was a false positive as I work for a ISP and alot of my customers are calling in with pc problems (e-mail generally) which appear to be this worm. Thank You Avast Devs for doing such a great job. :)