Author Topic: just did a boot time scan now windows won't load  (Read 3523 times)

Help me please

just did a boot time scan now windows won't load
« on: June 18, 2008, 03:19:07 PM »
It would be nice if someone could help me please here is my problem

I installed avast home ed.  and it found a few things but it wouldn't let me move them to the chest or delete them because it said it was being used or something like that.

So I did a boot time scan and when Avast found the same things I moved them to the chest.  Now my PC won't load windows.  I starts to load and goes to the windows logo with the little thing going across the bottom of the windows logo.  Then my PC restarts.  I tried booting in safe mode or last known config that worked but it restarts every time.  The PC was working fine until I did the boot time scan.  Is there a way to move the files I moved to the chest back?  Or what are my options?

thanks

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: just did a boot time scan now windows won't load
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2008, 03:38:55 PM »
Is there a way to move the files I moved to the chest back?
I wish avast could help... it's like to lock something with the key inside of it.
Did you remember which are the file names and paths?
Do you have Windows CD/DVD? Can you overinstall (repair) Windows?
The best things in life are free.

Help me please

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2008, 04:34:51 PM »
I do have a windows xp cd.  if I reinstall windows over the other one I am going to lose the date right?

Offline FreewheelinFrank

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • I'm a GNU
    • Don't Surf in the Nude!
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2008, 04:49:29 PM »
I do have a windows xp cd.  if I reinstall windows over the other one I am going to lose the date right?

I assume you mean data. Not with a Repair installation:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/learnmore/tips/doug92.mspx
     Bambleweeny 57 sub-meson brain     Don't Surf in the Nude Blog