Author Topic: Avast Home and Drivecrypt Problems  (Read 5740 times)

ultraxa

Avast Home and Drivecrypt Problems
« on: May 11, 2008, 08:53:29 PM »
Hello..!!

Can someone help me..?

My problem : I have now the 4.7 Home Edition version...!

When i want to update it and after a reset i can't mount my drivecrypt partitions.

I spend over 6 hours of work to get the problem that it was avast that make the problems ...but i don't know why.

I did made a image of my first boot partition .And after that i boot my system and update all programs i have.

I need 6 hours because i must test which program make problems after an update ...now i know it is my favorite antivirus program :(  !!!!

Can someone help me what avast do with which file that i don't have a chance to mount my crypted partitions after i update avast to v 4.(8) ?

Thanks in advance ,Ultra

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Re: Avast Home and Drivecrypt Problems
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2008, 08:59:40 PM »
I'm afraid no such issue is known/reported, so we don't have any information on that.

I'd say try to update to the latest internal version, as announced here. There were quite a few problems fixed there (though as I said, not this one specifically - but some of the other fixes may solve this issue, too, don't know).

If the problem is present:
What happens when you mount the partition - do you get any error message? Any other symptoms?
Does it help if you stop avast! resident protection?
Does it help if you stop avast! self-defense? (Troubleshooting page of avast! settings)
« Last Edit: May 11, 2008, 09:07:16 PM by igor »

ultraxa

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2008, 09:25:02 PM »
I will make a imige in 2 mins and test it out which error message i get . I see the option to start the module after all other boot programs are loaded and swich it on ...maybe this is helping me ...I write a  message here after i install avast home full 4.8.1178 and have problem not solved.And write the error message that come from drivescrypt 3.03b !
bye

ultraxa

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2008, 10:43:15 PM »
 :(

I have installed it and get this error as a screenshot :

and it is not helping me when i stop the resident protection .It is the same error and i can't mount my other partitions you see which ones.

When i stop the whole avast is it the same error .

I must give it up now and use the older home v4.7 to have protection with the latest 4.7 iAVS update.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM »
Does it help if you disable the self-defense features in avast! settings?
Actually, the latest build is 1192... it would be best to invoke avast! update from 1178.

ultraxa

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2008, 11:11:11 PM »
Hello , please read what i wrote ...!!

I disable the main avast program and all modules and get this error after installing v4.8.

Now i uninstall avast and test that is drivecrypt working after that ...when not i wrote my old bootimage of c: back and use 4.7 and test it the next days with the updated version of 4.8 1172 .Can you give me the link as a response ?

Thanks that here is someone responding my mails :) !

Do noone use drivecrypted partitions and have the same problems since now ? Because the update is some weeks or so ago and since that day i have this problems .

I'm not a betatester ...so someday i must give it up and MUST use a other program :( .

The problem is that i have a private website on my computer and don't can write everytime images of my bootpartition ...

Regards

ultraxa

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2008, 11:14:12 PM »
i forget something ...avast did not find a virus .It is only when i install avast and reset the computer and wanna mount my rawcrypted (not filecrypted) partitions.

Best wishes,Ultra

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2008, 11:34:50 PM »
i forget something ...avast did not find a virus .
Is there any file of DriveCrypt being detected as infected?
Is there any file that you have sent to avast Chest?
I know that it does not help, but TrueCrypt is working fine with avast both on XP/Vista.
The best things in life are free.

ultraxa

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2008, 12:03:32 AM »
1.nope
2.nope
3.sure ,i copy 400 GB's to a network drive fomat all drive and use a other encrypt proggy and that only because avast destroy something and noone know why ...hhmm... no i wan't do that . I like avast because i use it since first days .But i don't want spend 3-4 days of copying my server to a other drive and back and install a other crypt program and copy all data back to crypted partition.
Would you do it ?  ;) ...i don't believ it  ;D

OK ,i will use avast a while without updating it and will test some weeks or months later if a 4.8 or higher version will do his job without destroy my drivecrypted settings.

Thank for response and i will look later here .
The screenshoot is back on later because i do now a image backup
Thanks and Greetings,Ultra

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2008, 12:08:30 AM »
OK ,i will use avast a while without updating
If you need to downgrade...:

1. Uninstall avast from Control Panel first.
2. Boot.
3. Use Avast Uninstall for complete uninstallation.
4. Boot.
5. Stay off-line (not connected to Internet)
6. Install again the old version: http://filehippo.com/download_avast_antivirus/
7. Boot.
8. Register avast (insert the registration key).
9. Uncheck the programs updates (set to manual).
10. Only then connect to Internet (go on-line).
11. Check and post the results.

ultraxa

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2008, 12:43:24 AM »
Hello,did you read all my posts?

I have a downgrade ,when i restore my imagebackup from my bootsystem.Then i have v4.7 because the v4.8 destroy something of the settings from the program drivecrypt.
I'm not a beginner. ;)
Reagards

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2008, 01:13:59 AM »
Hello,did you read all my posts?
I've wrote:

If you need to downgrade...