Author Topic: "Avast Screen Saver Virus Mode"  (Read 4600 times)

maybeok0

"Avast Screen Saver Virus Mode"
« on: May 12, 2008, 06:30:44 AM »
Hi,
Using Windows XP Home with all updates
Avast Free Home 4.8
I have  have been trying the "Avast Screen Saver"
Yes I found when the "Avast Screen Saver" Virus scan mode complete it's scan I do receive the notice "Scan Finished!
All works very well except when you return to your work and afterwards, however do I find  the Screen Saver retriggers it's self again as it restarts a new virus scan!
Do Avast have  or will have an external option to stop/start the scan module.
It would be great if after the first scan of the day if you could stop simply its virus scanning.
I feel once a day would be sufficient?

Regards
[From Australia]

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: "Avast Screen Saver Virus Mode"
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2008, 11:35:38 PM »
It would be great if after the first scan of the day if you could stop simply its virus scanning.
I feel once a day would be sufficient?
I think this is already present on Professional version, removing the loop.
The best things in life are free.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: "Avast Screen Saver Virus Mode"
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2008, 12:03:28 AM »
It is present on the Home version, 'to loop or not to loop that is the question' so now you know the answer disable the loop ;D

I tested this some time ago as a question about the avast screen saver (I generally don't use a screen saver) and I believe the Loop scanning is off by default, for me that is what it did scanned through once.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security