Author Topic: Zone Alarm Program Control Settings Entry Detail After Update To 4.8.1195  (Read 7082 times)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Yes, but are our assumptions correct about the policy change, in that the avast.setup no longer gets removed after it has done the update, it will remain a permanent file in the setup folder (not being created from the setup.ovr file each time) ?
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
Well, sort of, we're not deleting it anymore. But it can still get overwritten at any time (that's up to the updater to decide).

This is a part of the many "optimizations" made in the 4.8 version of the updater (especially for the automatic/background updates). We try to do only the bare minimum, to minimize the CPU cycles (and disk reads/writes) needed to perform the background update.

Cheers
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Thanks for the update Vlk.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline nightshade

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
Well, sort of, we're not deleting it anymore. But it can still get overwritten at any time (that's up to the updater to decide).

This is a part of the many "optimizations" made in the 4.8 version of the updater (especially for the automatic/background updates). We try to do only the bare minimum, to minimize the CPU cycles (and disk reads/writes) needed to perform the background update.

Cheers
Vlk

Thanks for the update vlk, although I did send you an email about this, and I wondered if you did receive it?
Free avast.
Product version 22.4.6011
Windows 7 32bit
Version 6.1 build 7601 service pack 1