Author Topic: Do I delete anything listed in the database?  (Read 2267 times)

Husk

Do I delete anything listed in the database?
« on: May 21, 2008, 01:29:37 PM »
I've got a virus, I know where it came from. Well I'm pretty sure it is.

I've sent it to the chest, But should I delete it or leave it - It is listed in the Virus Database

The virus is called (Uhh... Just look at the picture)

zheke01

Re: Do I delete anything listed in the database?
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2008, 02:40:55 PM »
Hi Husk!

The virus chest is a safe place to store infected file or suspicius files.it never allows infected files to open there.Leave it there at least 2 weeks.when there nothing wrong in the performance of ur pc, delete it!

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2008, 03:12:56 PM »
Havd you downloaded the casual_games.exe that you (or someone else with access to your computer) are aware of ?

Adware, isn't as a virus as such, but warrants investigation (hence the above question), the detection is also adware-gen. The -gen indicates a generic signature, which is trying to catch multiple variants of the same thing with one signature.

So the detection needs to be confirmed if you are aware of this common_games.exe file and it has been on your system for some while. This can't be done with the file in the chest, so you would need to export it (not restore) from the chest to a temporary location, see bottom paragraph.

- Upload to VirusTotal - Multi engine on-line virus scanner and report the findings of these files here.

Create a folder called Suspect in the C:\ drive, e.g. C:\Suspect. Now exclude that folder in the Standard Shield, Customize, Advanced, Add, type (or copy and paste) C:\Suspect\* That will stop the standard shield scanning any file you put in that folder. You should now be able to export any file in the chest to this folder and upload it to VirusTotal without avast alerting.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Husk

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2008, 07:27:55 AM »
 :-\

I did download the Game. And at the time it mentioned or around that.

Well, The site is http://www.wildgames.com the game was FATE

It also only got detected after the game was downloaded

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2008, 02:51:54 PM »
Then I suggest that you verify the detection at VirusTotal as I mentioned above and report the findings here.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security