Author Topic: Unable to Scan 103 Items  (Read 3373 times)

Tech Impaired

Unable to Scan 103 Items
« on: March 27, 2004, 12:31:44 PM »
Avast stopped an email from d/ling into my Outlook account because it was suspicious of an "Iframe"  I let avast delete it.  Then I ran a total system scan and avast informed me it couldn't scan these files-then listed 103 of them.  Two of them were Java files.  All this really means to me is Java is something to watch out for because it's vulernable to viruses.  (or hackers or something)

Why wasn't avast able to scan these files-and is this a no biggie or a problem?

Thank You!

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re:Unable to Scan 103 Items
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2004, 01:20:27 PM »
Avast stopped an email from d/ling into my Outlook account because it was suspicious of an "Iframe"  I let avast delete it.  Then I ran a total system scan and avast informed me it couldn't scan these files-then listed 103 of them.  Two of them were Java files.  All this really means to me is Java is something to watch out for because it's vulernable to viruses.  (or hackers or something)

Why wasn't avast able to scan these files-and is this a no biggie or a problem?

Thank You!

avast must report the 'cause' for not scanning.
If the files were 'password' protected that is not a thing to be worried.
Could you post your scan report for all files except the password protected and the good (ok) ones?
The best things in life are free.

Tech Impaired

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2004, 01:38:34 PM »
Thanks Technical.

I guess I can't post this info.  I can't find it.  I saved the report to the chest-but it doesn't come up in search.  I'll run another scan soon and post the results then.  My system is stable so I'm not sweating this one.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2004, 04:40:04 PM »
Thanks Technical.

I guess I can't post this info.  I can't find it.  I saved the report to the chest-but it doesn't come up in search.  I'll run another scan soon and post the results then.  My system is stable so I'm not sweating this one.

If you are using the Home version, that information is not available after you close the report window (or close avast!). Work with report files is a feature of the Pro version, so you did not wrong, the report went away alone...

Next scan, before finishing, copy the report file (maybe at a folder with this name 'report') and post the part of it you think it will be useful to us...
The best things in life are free.