Author Topic: Try the Free "Threatfire"  (Read 4119 times)

maybeok0

Try the Free "Threatfire"
« on: May 16, 2008, 12:54:57 AM »
Hi,

I am using the "Free" version of the "Threatfire" program!
Suggest you do have read of this program as works exceptionally OK with Avsat
You will be amazed what it will find with it's  "Full Scan".
Web Site
http://www.threatfire.com/
Regards
[From Australia]

« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 12:56:30 AM by maybeok0 »

Offline Vladimyr

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Super(massive black hole) Poster
Re: Try the Free "Threatfire"
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2008, 08:21:34 AM »
Hi maybeok0
Are you by any chance from North Sydney? You don't work for PC Tools, do you?  ;D

Though I'm not convinced that PC Tools' AV definitions are the greatest and most up-to-date, for behaviour-based detection and a backup on-demand scanner, Threatfire 3.5 and avast! do complement each other very well (apart from the one little FP issue :o now solved ). And the flickering flame tray icon looks cool (if that's not an oxymoron).
There is a way that seems right to a man,
       but in the end it leads to death
.” - Proverbs 16:25

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2008, 03:06:44 PM »
I've tested ThreatFire for two months...
I just get a lot of popups to answer... protection level wasn't increased that much for me.
Also I've got problems with Firefox extensions to update and install. Low level blocking.
The best things in life are free.

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2008, 03:21:47 PM »
Though I'm not convinced that PC Tools' AV definitions are the greatest and most up-to-date, for behaviour-based detection and a backup on-demand scanner, Threatfire 3.5 and avast! do complement each other very well

Bluntly, maybe the reason is that it was not developed by PC Tools (it was called Cyberhawk before PC Tools acquired it).

Cheers
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

Offline Vladimyr

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Super(massive black hole) Poster
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2008, 09:05:17 AM »
Bluntly, maybe the reason is that it was not developed by PC Tools (it was called Cyberhawk before PC Tools acquired it).

Vlk
You could be right, or biased, or both!  Jokes aside, their AV is mostly stable now. I even know of some using the free version on their company network client PCs.

I've tested ThreatFire for two months...
I just get a lot of popups to answer... protection level wasn't increased that much for me.
Also I've got problems with Firefox extensions to update and install. Low level blocking.

Tech
You must be roaming the "badlands" of cyberspace more than me. I've only ever seen 2 Threatfire popups. And maybe it's your way-with-words (English words that is), but just because no bad behaviour is detected while you aren't being attacked, doesn't mean you're not getting increased protection.  ;D

cheers guys :)
There is a way that seems right to a man,
       but in the end it leads to death
.” - Proverbs 16:25