Author Topic: Registration update  (Read 2762 times)

Mist

Registration update
« on: May 16, 2008, 08:57:12 PM »
Windows XP SP2
Avast! v. 4.8 Home Edition
Build: May 2008 (4.8.1201)
Xtreme Toolkit version: 1.9.4.0

Clicked on the red pop-up notifying me of impending need to re-register. Filled out the form and sent.

After completing the process 4 times and sending a note to support over the past week, I've received neither the new registration key nor a response from support. I do still receive the red notification pop-up.

I checked the junk folder for possibly an errant occupant. Nothing from avast!. That brings me here.

What's up? I'm lost.  ???

Everything should be working but....

Mist
pequod@isp.com

Offline Bluesman

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • Amiga Power!
Re: Registration update
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2008, 09:17:41 PM »
Welcome to the forums!  :)

Maybe your Internet Service Provider (ISP) is using some spam filter at their end?

Have you tried another mail address. There is some free sites on the net that you could try...for example Google Mail ( www.gmail.com )

I had no problem today, when I re-register for my father, and for my brother.

Hopefully you will get an answer soon from the support
"The blues are the roots, everything else is the fruits" -Willie Dixon

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2008, 11:17:52 PM »
Having not received the registration key or have not received a reply from support I would say the emails are being blocked.

You could also try a free yahoo email address, that worked in the past for others with the same blocking issue.

I would suggest you remove your email as this is a publicly available web site unless of course you are partial to spam.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Mist

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2008, 01:39:54 AM »
Hmmmm....

Checked with my ISP - live human, semi-in-person. According to them there's no record not just shunted off to the junk (spam) folder.

Will give yahoo mail a shot.

If all else fails, might the simplest solution be to just wipe, download, and re-install?

Spam? Nah, have a super ISP who's a tiger on spam.

Thanks for the help.

Mist

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2008, 04:51:45 AM »
If all else fails, might the simplest solution be to just wipe, download, and re-install?
Your installation is ok, you don't need to reinstall. You just need to register and add the registration key correctly. Can you check your email through webmail... I can't imagine why is avast registration key email being blocked ???
The best things in life are free.

CharleyO

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2008, 06:50:25 AM »

And this may be why you are not receiving the registration key ......

Spam? Nah, have a super ISP who's a tiger on spam.

Thanks for the help.

Mist