Author Topic: Avast vs Netsky virus  (Read 4185 times)

Offline Pandy

Avast vs Netsky virus
« on: March 26, 2004, 07:01:56 PM »
Man, I hope someone can tell me what to do. This morning I received an e-mail infected with Netsky. Avast caught it and I told it to delete it. Now I can't "connect to pop server". I have Incredimail for my e-mail. Unfortunately I didn't see where the virus was before I deleted it. Is there any way to get it back and then tell Avast to repair instead. Not sure what other info to include.
Pandy
Is it beer o'clock yet??

Offline Pandy

Re:Avast vs Netsky virus
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2004, 09:09:54 PM »
 ::)Um Ok, I'm embarrassed. I fixed my problem myself by reinstalling Incredimail. Avast wasn't the problem. To those who viewed this thread... Fuhgeddaboutit. LOL. I appreciate the time that people take on this forum, so thanks anyway. Just like to add that Avast is a wonderful app. and I love it. One more AV scan still shows no Netsky.
Thanks again

Pandy
Is it beer o'clock yet??

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2004, 02:33:06 AM »
Pandy, I was reading just from the beggining but I cannot figure out what was happening. I just want to say that you were not alone in this time.
I suggest an on-line scanning to be sure you're clean (see here on On-line Viruses Tests section or, to be fast, try Trend Micro  ;D
The best things in life are free.

Offline Pandy

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2004, 02:23:44 PM »
 :)Hi Technical, I did as you suggested and had an on-line virus scan at trendMicro and it came out clean. I'm all straightened around. These virus e-mails are getting very tiresome. I received 2 infected e-mails yesterday. One claimed to be from my ISP. Avast grabbed them both. Thank-you for responding to my rather hysterical thread. LOL Have a great weekend

Pandy
Is it beer o'clock yet??

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2004, 04:42:29 PM »
:)Hi Technical, I did as you suggested and had an on-line virus scan at trendMicro and it came out clean. I'm all straightened around. These virus e-mails are getting very tiresome. I received 2 infected e-mails yesterday. One claimed to be from my ISP. Avast grabbed them both. Thank-you for responding to my rather hysterical thread. LOL Have a great weekend

Pandy

No need for excuses... You're wellcome anytime you have a problem.  8)
Glad you are virus-free. Yesterday was a bad day for Netsky infections  >:(
The best things in life are free.

neal62

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2004, 07:42:30 AM »
I am impressed with Avast 4 Home/Pro that I have installed on my pc. Tonight it caught an incoming e-mail supposedly from my brother. This e-mail it said had the Win32 Netsky-C with an attachment. I of course deleted the e-mail, no harm done. Earlier though at work using a different O.S. that had "Visnetic" on it, I saw this same e-mail and deleted it without opening the attachment. That Anti-Virus program at work did not notify me of this infection. I really do not think this was a false positive as I work for a ISP and alot of my customers are calling in with pc problems (e-mail generally) which appear to be this worm. Thank You Avast Devs for doing such a great job. :)