Author Topic: Out look express problem??  (Read 6091 times)

joe-lee

Out look express problem??
« on: March 28, 2004, 03:59:09 AM »
I have 5 email accounts with the same ISP. Four work and one does not.

When I am not connected to the web and try to open an account it tries to get me to enter name and password,hit cancel and it says problem loggong onto your mail server. Now when I try the account that is not working, it does not ask for name and pass word , it just goes right to the following: A secure connection could not be established 127.0.0.1 protocol: pop3, port 110 secure (ssl) yes eror 0x800ccc1a. When I am on the web I get the same thing for this account and the other four work.

Any ideals?

S.Z.Craftec

Re:Out look express problem??
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2004, 04:15:26 AM »
OK, go here: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=3115;start=msg22567#msg22567 , find my reply under number 6 (my first reply in that thread)

and try to do everything I said in there... of course do not use Sympatico Pop3 and SMTP data, use your ISP data...

Regards !

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2004, 03:59:30 PM »
I have 5 email accounts with the same ISP. Four work and one does not.
A secure connection could not be established 127.0.0.1 protocol: pop3, port 110 secure (ssl) yes eror 0x800ccc1a. When I am on the web I get the same thing for this account and the other four work. Any ideals?

Am I reading correctly your problem?
The Mail scanner does not support SSL (TLS) connections.  :'(
The best things in life are free.

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2004, 04:14:51 PM »
Joe-Lee already has left the house... Come back Joe !!!
We want to help ya... we won't hurt you... promise !  ;D

joe-lee

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2004, 04:30:05 PM »
Thanks guys, everything is working now. I did the put everything back to normal, close outlook and redid the Avast mail wizard.

Its funny that all five accounts had the same 127.0.0.1 and the server requies authentication was checked  and the info seemed ok settings and all had the same outgoing (25) and incoming POP3 (110) but the first account just would not work.

Question, if you did not have the auto include checked on the mail wizard and changed or redid something with an account, would that cause my problem?

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2004, 04:54:55 PM »
Yes, indeed... especially if you added some e-mail account after you set all those existing e-mail accounts through the mail wizzard.

In the future, no harm to start your avast! mail wizzard sometimes without any reason, just to be sure that your accounts are covered with avast! mail protection feature...

Always put checkmark under AUTOMATICALLY PROTECT ALL ACCOUNTS THAT I CREATE IN THE FUTURE...

I'm glad you solved your problem... stick around my friend !

P.S. What do you think about avast! skins ?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2004, 02:03:02 AM by S.Z.Craftec »

joe-lee

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2004, 01:31:39 AM »
Just started to use Avast. So far I like it. If they would drop the price of the pro version they might have a gold mine.

I have not looked at the other skins but will get around to it.