Author Topic: Who is who in this photo?  (Read 19934 times)

CoJo

Re:Who is who in this photo?
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2004, 02:14:45 AM »
I knew it... I JUST KNEW IT !!!

Here is the proof... they are out of this world ! They are Extraterrestrials !

;D
good job, Sasha!!

cojo

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2004, 03:17:53 AM »
Tomorrow when the Alwil crew see the changed photo they will blame on me for posting it first...  ;D

But after a lot of guess I could not imagine the faces of your team!
Igor, you are not so tall that I thought you were  :-*
The best things in life are free.

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2004, 03:24:13 AM »
Technical wrote:
Tomorrow when the Alwil crew see the changed photo they will blame on me for posting it first...

No, there is no way anyone can find himself (or herself) offended by "alienated" picture... that was something like compliment from my side, and nothing else... I think guys and girls from Alwil team are incredible, so that's why I call them ETs.

In case someone find that picture offensive, I'll remove it from the forum... no problem at all.

Culpeper

« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2004, 03:24:49 AM »
Craftec

You made them look like computer nerds! ;D
« Last Edit: March 29, 2004, 03:25:40 AM by Culpeper »

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2004, 03:26:03 AM »
Define word NERD, please... I really don't understand what's the meaning of that word...

EDIT: Sorry, i just found something...

Word History: The word nerd, undefined but illustrated, first appeared in 1950 in Dr. Seuss's If I Ran the Zoo: “And then, just to show them, I'll sail to Ka-Troo And Bring Back an It-Kutch a Preep and a Proo A Nerkle a Nerd and a Seersucker, too!” (The nerd is a small humanoid creature looking comically angry, like a thin, cross Chester A. Arthur.) Nerd next appears, with a gloss, in the February 10, 1957, issue of the Glasgow, Scotland, Sunday Mail in a regular column entitled “ABC for SQUARES”: “Nerda square, any explanation needed?” Many of the terms defined in this “ABC” are unmistakable Americanisms, such as hep, ick, and jazzy, as is the gloss “square,” the current meaning of nerd. The third appearance of nerd in print is back in the United States in 1970 in Current Slang: “Nurd [sic], someone with objectionable habits or traits.... An uninteresting person, a ‘dud.’” Authorities disagree on whether the two nerdsDr. Seuss's small creature and the teenage slang term in the Glasgow Sunday Mailare the same word. Some experts claim there is no semantic connection and the identity of the words is fortuitous. Others maintain that Dr. Seuss is the true originator of nerd and that the word nerd (“comically unpleasant creature”) was picked up by the five- and six-year-olds of 1950 and passed on to their older siblings, who by 1957, as teenagers, had restricted and specified the meaning to the most comically obnoxious creature of their own class, a “square.”

n. 1. [mainstream slang] Pejorative applied to anyone
with an above-average IQ and few gifts at small talk and ordinary
social rituals. 2. [jargon] Term of praise applied (in conscious
ironic reference to sense 1) to someone who knows what's really
important and interesting and doesn't care to be distracted by
trivial chatter and silly status games. Compare the two senses of
computer geek.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2004, 03:31:22 AM by S.Z.Craftec »

Culpeper

« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2004, 03:32:20 AM »
A Nerd....

A person who is single-minded or accomplished in scientific or technical pursuits but is felt to be socially inept.

It's not actaully an insult.  More along the lines of the movie "Revenge of the Nerds" which gave nerds new respect.  

http://www.acidlogic.com/mm_revenge_of_the_nerds.htm
« Last Edit: March 29, 2004, 03:32:44 AM by Culpeper »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2004, 03:37:07 AM »
Hey man this is becoming off off topic... that was not my intention opening this forum. It was just to know the crew.
Take care  ;)
The best things in life are free.

Culpeper

« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2004, 03:38:09 AM »
I just couldn't help myself! ;D

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2004, 02:03:54 PM »
Igor, you are not so tall that I thought you were

untill now I only knew Vlk and Pavel's faces.  (from their avatars)
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2004, 02:15:19 PM »
Haha, and that photo is on the avast! web site for long, long time... click here: http://www.avast.com/i_idt_139.html

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2004, 05:35:56 PM »
sorry Sasha, I dont often visit the website. (except to get your skins  ;) )
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

techie101

« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2004, 07:26:47 PM »
Ok Gang,

It has been a wonderful experience to see the faces of the fine people behind Avast, but we need to move on now to other things or this will get so far off topic that we won't remember why we started it. hahaha ;D

techie101