Author Topic: OneCare will be integrated into Windows 7  (Read 2950 times)

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
OneCare will be integrated into Windows 7
« on: May 22, 2008, 07:08:52 PM »
Hi malware fighters

While Microsoft's Windows OneCare is not known to the majority of users, most users will realize within the coming five years that Windows 7 can only be optimally experienced when using this MS security software, as analyst Rob Enderle is predicting. While launching the newest Windows version, Microsoft will start to position their security software much more aggressively to get a better share of the market. This will not only improve the overall financial position of the corporation, but also take away the notion/prejudice that Microsoft is not able to better protect its own software.

"OneCare has been Microsoft's way of answering for all mistakes it has made over the years laying the responsibility for securing Windows with third parties. According some this is one of the major mistakes Microsoft has made since it started. So an environment could be created where people who were responsible for security were motivated to demonstrate the vulnerabilities of the OS in order to sell their solutions, while they had no interest to further the improvement of the OS itself".

According to Enderle we would have far less malware, patches and security leaks when Microsoft had worked towards securing their own OS from the word go. With OneCare the software giant goes beyond security as such, because the software is also securing and administering the OS. By doing is so it will be able to help a lot of users to solve problems. The analysts sees it as a link between the user and Microsoft.

One Care will be integrated further into Windows 7. What will the reaction of others be?

polonus

PS. Click the picture to see the animation.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2008, 07:11:29 PM by polonus »
Cybersecurity is more of an attitude than anything else. Avast Evangelists.

Use NoScript, a limited user account and a virtual machine and be safe(r)!

dan1701a

Re: OneCare will integrated into Windows 7
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2008, 07:12:33 PM »
Sounds to me like they're just going to make it easier for people to exploit weaknesses - only this time, once you exploit the protection, you've opened the OS up to all sorts of problems.

The security software needs to be kept separate from the OS, otherwise Microsoft will have to issue hourly patches for exploits and nobody will be able to run their PC.

And that will speed up the migration to desktop Linux.

drhayden1

Re: OneCare will be integrated into Windows 7
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2008, 08:36:25 PM »
What will the reaction of others be
will somehow get rid of it  ::) ??? and use avast!of course
nice animation damian :)

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2008, 09:25:07 PM »
Why not? As long as it can be disabled like Windows Defender, i'm perfectly fine with such option.
If it'll be able to run along side other AV's, even better!
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Go Pack Go

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2008, 12:36:06 AM »
I think this will be great if it will be free like Windows Defender, and protects people from the beginning.  I am sure a lot of people don't even have an antivirus and don't care much about security, this will make it easy to be protected.  But if they still want a subscription for OneCare, it won't do anything.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2008, 01:01:18 AM »
Why not? As long as it can be disabled like Windows Defender, i'm perfectly fine with such option.
If it'll be able to run along side other AV's, even better!
I feel the same
The best things in life are free.