Author Topic: Outlook  (Read 5726 times)

madmax4444

Outlook
« on: March 28, 2004, 05:22:29 PM »
If im online and I start Outlook my connection shuts off then redials whats up?  ???

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re:Outlook
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2004, 05:47:11 PM »
If im online and I start Outlook my connection shuts off then redials whats up?  ???

What did make you think this is avast related?
avast does not have a dialer or a connection killer feature...

For me, that seems to be an Outlook setting (are you talking about MS Outlook, not Express, aren't you?).
Is Outlook set to download email messages when starts?
Can you disable/enable the avast! plugin into Outlook? (About dialog of Outlook)?

Try to find out what program or service is trying to connect. If you have windows XP, check the system log files. They might give you a clue.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2004, 05:48:11 PM by Technical »
The best things in life are free.

madmax4444

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2004, 05:49:40 PM »
It only does it when avast is on. I have Win Me with Outlook Express.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2004, 05:53:22 PM by madmax4444 »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2004, 05:54:04 PM »
Can you answer my other questions?  :-\
We cannot help you without them...
The best things in life are free.

madmax4444

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2004, 06:02:20 PM »
I dont know what question you mean all I know is it was fine until I used avast it never did this with the other virus scans ive had I didnt change anything.

htilburgs

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2004, 07:30:57 PM »
Live would be so beatiful if you never had to change anything! so why change a virusscanner  ;)

Ok, because you like Avast!, just as we do....

But, to the case.

1. You're using Outlook Express. Which version?
2. What is the setting for: Extra - Options - Connection - Warn when selecting other connection
3. What is the setting for: Extra - Options - Connection - Hangup after send and receive message's

Because I also don't think it's a Avast! related thing.

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2004, 07:51:28 PM »
It's very hard to say that avast! is responsible for your problem... avast! has nothing to do with connecting or reconnecting your internet connection.

Have you ever started avast! mail protection wizzard ? Try to do that and choose AUTOMATICALY PROTECT ALL MY ACCOUNTS, and put the checkmark under AUTOMATICALY PROTECT ALL ACCOUNTS THAT I CREATE IN THE FUTURE... it may help you.

However, my personal opinion is that your system could be infected with one of those nasty dialers... check your system for spyware, adware, dialers etc. Use Ad-aware, Spybot - Search & Destroy, HiJackThis, CWShredder or BHODemon...

Also, you can always check your system online for trojans and viruses (for free), using Mictro Trend's online scanner Housecall... Click here: http://housecall.trendmicro.com/housecall/start_corp.asp

Regards !
« Last Edit: March 28, 2004, 07:53:16 PM by S.Z.Craftec »

madmax4444

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2004, 07:54:26 PM »
I fixed it don't ask me how but something in the Outlook accounts got changed so I deleted them and redid them now it works  ::) most likely when I was trying to get the IE dialer working  ???
« Last Edit: March 28, 2004, 07:57:47 PM by madmax4444 »

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2004, 09:12:54 PM »
Just as I said... my theory was the right one, again...

I'm glad you finally fixed your problem.

Regards !