Author Topic: Slipstreaming Sata/Raid drivers into BartCD  (Read 14379 times)

GldnSabre

Slipstreaming Sata/Raid drivers into BartCD
« on: May 23, 2008, 08:07:46 PM »
Is this possible. AS alot of the systems I work on do not have floppy drives.

Bugsy

Re: Slipstreaming Sata/Raid drivers into BartCD
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2008, 06:40:20 PM »
I would also be interesting in being able to do this as we bought this software to screen laptops brought onto our work site and almost none of them have floppy drives.  I am disappointed that I spent money in this and can't use it... :-[

ssummit

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2008, 06:59:33 PM »
Although I haven't tried it, you MIGHT be able, in a case when there's no built in floppy, to do so with the following:

(1) attach a USB floppy before you boot off the B.A.R.T. cd;

(2) then do the F6 routine outlined below to load the S.A.T.A. drivers from a floppy made previously with the necessary drivers.

[With S.A.T.A. drives you have to press F6 when BART asks you for addional drivers as it boots.  You then MUST use a floppy disk with the appropriate drivers and insert them when asked into the floppy recognized as the "A" floppy.  You will then be given a choice between the various drivers on the floppy and you must choose the appropriate one. If I remember correctly the CMOS/BIOS will tell you the appropriate S.A.T.A. controller driver to use.]

The ONLY other choice that I'm aware of is to temporarily add a floppy drive into the pc.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2008, 07:02:24 PM by The New Magic »

Graphics

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2008, 01:14:34 PM »
We have deployed BART to incoming inspection to check customer systems that return from the field.  It has been quite useful, as we have found more than a few systems returned with bad things on them.  :)

Our systems have multiple configurations, especially since they remain in service for 5 years or more.  Attaching a USB floppy drive allows us to load drivers for each system.  Many of these are SCSI based, but we also have RAID-0 and RAID-5 systems. 

MRA has made multiple requests for slipstreaming these drivers onto the ISO image disk.  Each time we have to create a floppy disk with the appropriate drivers (we are up to 4 floppy disks now) they become more insistant.  Rather than wait for the straw to break the camel's back and have them reject the BART software, I thought it best to add our name to the list of customers making this request.

Forejt

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2008, 12:50:50 PM »
You can also try BART 3.0 beta that is described here:
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=38684.0

If it doesn't include drivers you want, let me know and we can include them in next build.