Author Topic: Suggestion of programming re updating of Avast Program  (Read 2134 times)

maybeok0

Suggestion of programming re updating of Avast Program
« on: May 25, 2008, 01:14:39 AM »
Hi,

Can Avast programmers have the system tray Icon to show a colour change  when the online scanner box "Installed Providers"  have been  disabled?
It appears at the moment  the computer user is unaware  he/she has not "Re enabled" the ones they have "Paused"  or "Teminated"??

Regards

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Suggestion of programming re updating of Avast Program
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2008, 02:15:03 AM »
By hovering the mouse over the avast icon, it reports how many scanners Total and how many Running.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

maybeok0

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2008, 12:42:16 PM »
Hi Again,
Thanks "DavidR' for your reply  re my need for the  change to Avast System Tray Icon Colours
I have noticed when using the Avast in the "Screen Saver" mode the info bar does change from "Blue"  to "Red" when in the screen saver mode has come across  a virus!

Now, I understand when your computer identifies/localises a virus the Avast System Tray Icon changes to "Red" = Please advise if this is so? =

I still feel the "By the hovering a mouse over the Avast Icon" you can see/check on the "Access Scanning" "How Many Running" details = This I feel is poor and not really very satisfactory and would benefit all if  the Avast programmers could  organise the "Avast System Tray Icon" to, say show  "Blue"  to aware computer users with not  having some of or all the "Shield" settings activated/initiated.

[From Australia] Regards

Offline Vladimyr

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Super(massive black hole) Poster
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2008, 04:16:09 AM »
On this matter, as is often the case, one "size" will not fit all.

Yes, it would be good to have the "a" icon change to indicate one or more providers "paused" or terminated", but only if this feature could be checked/unchecked, preferably for each "provider", according to the user's choice.
There is a way that seems right to a man,
       but in the end it leads to death
.” - Proverbs 16:25