Author Topic: Scheduled Scan  (Read 7676 times)

Kate3005

Scheduled Scan
« on: June 06, 2008, 02:24:04 PM »
Hi, I have recently downloaded Avast Mac Version 2.74 (Demo Version). The Avast web site states in the Product/Features section that scheduled scanning of Volumes is possible, but I cannot find a way of doing this. Have I missed something simple ?? Many Thanks.

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
Re: Scheduled Scan
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2008, 02:31:58 PM »
It may be something they plan to add in a future release, but currently there is now way to schedule a scan that I know of.
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

Offline zilog

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
  • or #f0; daa; add a,#a0; adc a,#40
Re: Scheduled Scan
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2008, 12:21:18 PM »
Hi, I have recently downloaded Avast Mac Version 2.74 (Demo Version). The Avast web site states in the Product/Features section that scheduled scanning of Volumes is possible, but I cannot find a way of doing this. Have I missed something simple ?? Many Thanks.

The present version can scan volume when mounted - for example, when a memory-card is inserted in the reader, etc. But, group of folders/paths can be selected to be one-click "scanable" - using that button with multiplying glass.

regards,
pc
May's Law: Software efficiency halves every 18 months, compensating Moore's Law. (David May, INMOS)