Author Topic: newbie question bout registration  (Read 4666 times)

small_trio

newbie question bout registration
« on: April 15, 2004, 09:49:35 PM »
Just wondering why do avast ask for our address and telephone # if its free?  Do you fill real info in?

Steele

Re:newbie question bout registration
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2004, 10:22:29 PM »
If I'm not mistaken... I believe it's just for statisical purposes. So Alwil can get an idea of just how many people use Avast4Home.  :)

As for the exact information?
That is up to you.
Many other users here go by other names.... so it is completely possible that people use different names.

To be honest... I don't remember Alwil asking me for a phone number when I signed up? That option is not in BOLD leading me to believe you can leave that field empty.

Your NOT going to get a phone call though.  ;)
Welcome aboard!  ;D
« Last Edit: April 15, 2004, 10:24:12 PM by Steele »

Pavel Baudis

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2004, 10:34:58 PM »
Just wondering why do avast ask for our address and telephone # if its free?  Do you fill real info in?

Well, it is really just for statistical purposes and for our internal use - we like to know who our users are. Of course, there are some people which fill there a complete nonsense data (even the email, in which case they will not receive the license key) but you will be surprised how many people enter the real stuff there  ;) !

The data are stored safely and are not misused in any way - we will definitely not call you. If you do not feel comfortable with entering your address/phone, do not do it. But please fill at least the city/country with correct info  :)

thanks

Pavel

small_trio

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2004, 12:11:16 AM »
I filled in my info but just wanted to make sure.   :)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2004, 04:41:36 AM »
It is really just for statistical purposes.

Pavel, why don't we have a 'map' of avast! users (country or city x number of users)?
Some YaBB forums, if I'm not wrong, have this feature on.
What about download statitics be published? I mean, how many copies of each language were downloaded.
How many avast! Pro users are we?  8)
The best things in life are free.

shgoh

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2004, 04:50:40 AM »
Pavel, why don't we have a 'map' of avast! users (country or city x number of users)?
Some YaBB forums, if I'm not wrong, have this feature on.
What about download statitics be published? I mean, how many copies of each language were downloaded.
How many avast! Pro users are we?  8)

this will be something really interesting to publish... ;D
« Last Edit: April 16, 2004, 11:22:35 AM by shgoh »