Author Topic: avast! splash screen error  (Read 6757 times)

Actique/Daniel

avast! splash screen error
« on: May 28, 2008, 07:04:02 AM »
Ok. I have a small problem with my avast!. Everything else is working perfectly expect for booting the software.
When I try to open the avast! anti-virus and it's procesessing memory and bootfiles check, I get an error. "Slash screen of avast! Stopped working". I had this problem before with the Windows Vista OS. So I thought formating would clean it up. Nope. I have recently formated Windows Vista x32 bit. I would appreciate help even thought it's a small problem. (If I skip the checkup, I get to use the program normally).

Thanks in advantage.

Actique/Daniel

Re: avast! splash screen error
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2008, 07:10:25 AM »
My bad. Didn't read previous posts. Problem is with the norton laptop installs after formating.

Norton remover:
http://service1.symantec.com/support/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/2005033108162039?OpenDocument&seg=hm&lg=en&ct=us

I still get the error, but I didn't reboot yet. If there's other known problem with avast! splash screen, post here. Thanks.

rassel

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2008, 07:45:20 AM »
I still get the error,

Did you try repairing avast?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2008, 02:55:55 PM »
As far as I'm aware there is no known issue with the avast splash screen, there is however an issue with Norton spit and getting rid of it, this can really mess with an installation of other security/AV programs.

Because of this NAV removal issue avast may not have installed correctly and this could result in many different issues. If a repair as rassel suggests doesn't resolve it try, uninstall avast, reboot, install, reboot.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

txaval

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2008, 03:54:42 AM »
hello! im new here, and im spanish. im sorry by my bad english. I have the same problem with splah screen error. But i havent now norton. i removed it two month ago. what can i do? a lot of thanks

rassel

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2008, 07:41:14 AM »
Have you done what as said(Repair avast),(Uninstall avast and reinstall if repair doesn't work)?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2008, 04:59:02 PM »
hello! im new here, and im spanish. im sorry by my bad english. I have the same problem with splah screen error. But i havent now norton. i removed it two month ago. what can i do? a lot of thanks
Do not ask twice the same... just double the help effort.
Follow http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=35907.msg301556#msg301556
The best things in life are free.

Actique/Daniel

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2008, 11:50:48 PM »
It's not that big problem that I would reinstall my antivirus :). Thanks anyway.
I will run the norton remover before installing avast! next time. (Restoring to factory default installs Norton again, damn Acer laptops! :))

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2008, 03:50:45 AM »
Restoring to factory default installs Norton again, damn Acer laptops!
Unfortunately... HP Restore does the same :'(
The best things in life are free.