Author Topic: I have a queston about Avast Home Edition  (Read 3988 times)

zht_007

I have a queston about Avast Home Edition
« on: June 05, 2008, 09:03:33 AM »
Hello,everyone! I want to know the difference of Avast Home Edition and Avast Professon Edition. Especially,the protcetion ability of  Avast Home is the same with  Avast Professon ? Thanks!

ardvark

Re: I have a queston about Avast Home Edition
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2008, 09:19:31 AM »
Hello,everyone! I want to know the difference of Avast Home Edition and Avast Professon Edition. Especially,the protcetion ability of  Avast Home is the same with  Avast Professon ? Thanks!

Hi...

Protection quality is the same. :)

As to the other differences, please click on the link....

http://www.avast.com/eng/avast-compare-home-professional.html

Best Regards...

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2008, 02:39:02 PM »
The only protection difference is Script Blocker. But if you use Firefox, you can get similar protection using NoScript extension.
Other differences are on scheduling, automated actions, the Enhanced Interface.
Welcome to avast forums.
The best things in life are free.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2008, 10:32:36 AM »
Yes, I also wondered about those stats a few days ago.
Anyway, the answer is that the statistics are simply wrong. Either they used different settings for those 2 versions, or they are taken from a different time period, or something else - but the detection capabilities of avast! Home and avast! Professional are the same.

Btw, shadowserver.org uses linux version of avast! scanner, neither avast! Home or Professional - where the detection capabilities might be slightly lower than avast! Home/Pro, due to some missing unpackers (though they are gradually approaching the Windows version).

zht_007

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2008, 10:46:38 AM »
Yes, I also wondered about those stats a few days ago.
Anyway, the answer is that the statistics are simply wrong. Either they used different settings for those 2 versions, or they are taken from a different time period, or something else - but the detection capabilities of avast! Home and avast! Professional are the same.

Btw, shadowserver.org uses linux version of avast! scanner, neither avast! Home or Professional - where the detection capabilities might be slightly lower than avast! Home/Pro, due to some missing unpackers (though they are gradually approaching the Windows version).

thanks!
if true,the difference of avast! Free and avast! Commercial (in linux) is surprising!