Author Topic: Making boot disc in vista  (Read 4059 times)

Offline SUSZANNAH

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • There We Are Then
Making boot disc in vista
« on: June 11, 2008, 11:25:04 PM »
Hi all, have been helping brother set up his laptop (vista) on the first few boot up a message screen was asking to make system discs....(just got the discs) now the message has gone :( anyone any idea how I do this?  thanks  :)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Making boot disc in vista
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2008, 01:15:28 AM »
I don't know, I don't have Vista, but I know a friend who might know, 'Google' ;D

A search using your topic title, http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Making+boot+disc+in+vista, lots of hits a doodle really ;D

This one I found from one of the hits it gave another link, which was reported as working, http://www.msfn.org/board/Vista-Boot-Disk-t95092.html.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline SUSZANNAH

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • There We Are Then
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2008, 01:32:19 AM »
Hell that is a hard one David lol..... can see the data in my computer just don't khow to get it to disk:(

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2008, 02:23:39 AM »
Sorry, can't help there I don't use Vista.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

timcan

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2008, 02:31:57 AM »
Hi, not sure if this helps my vista laptop is a compaq. It has a recovery manager application that allows you to make a set of recovery cds.

Offline SUSZANNAH

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • There We Are Then
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2008, 02:47:12 AM »
Hi timcan, thanks for the help but can't find that option of the fujitsu siemans amilo, only the splash screen that vanished before i had time to do them :(

Nothing in the manual that I can see is of any help either :(

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2008, 03:15:49 PM »
I'm not sure if system disks and recovery disks are the same (could be the same just different terminology), I was a little confused at first as the topic title is also different to making system disks

So again google might provide the answer, http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Vista+make+(system+OR+recovery)+discs.

You say there is nothing in the manual which is probably not unusual as this is an OS specific request/suggestion, so you could try the windows help and support (or whatever that is in Vista), accessed from windows Start (in XP), Help and Support. Try a search for system disk or recovery disk.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2008, 08:55:32 PM »
I'm not sure if system disks and recovery disks are the same (could be the same just different terminology), I was a little confused at first as the topic title is also different to making system disks
They're not the same. A lot of notebooks has recovery disks (it formats, reinstall Windows and the OEM set of programs). It is not thought to be a system disk (to boot with and repair).

Vista boot system is different from XP, there is a Recovery Console for instance, but you can use Linux Live CD to boot and access the NTFS files of Vista.
The best things in life are free.

Offline SUSZANNAH

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • There We Are Then
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2008, 11:36:07 PM »
Thanks for all the input........ gave up the ghost and rang them, they could not understand where the the icon to make the disk disappeared to, so they said they would send a set out by post.......excellent customer service from FJ   :)