Author Topic: Unable to Scan? Help!  (Read 2371 times)

yureeka

Unable to Scan? Help!
« on: June 11, 2008, 04:10:05 AM »
Hi everyone!

I did a scan, and I got some weird results. I got 28 directories that were not scanned...

Some examples include C:\Users\Default\Documents\My Music... and C:\ProgramData\Start Menu..

The error listed beside these folders says 'Unable to scan: The system cannot find the path specified" -OR- "Unable to scan: Access is denied".

Is this some sort of virus blocking my scan? Again, there are 28 of these that refuse to be scanned!

Thanks!

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Unable to Scan? Help!
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2008, 05:00:50 AM »
Not necessarily. Are you using Vista?
Vista uses circular links to %Program Files% and %Users% folders.
Avast is just reporting it. You can uncheck the options for reporting soft and hard errors on the avast settings.
It was a problem, already solved (http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=27330.msg223192#msg223192). Now, the only thing that rests is the reporting.

Files that can't be scanned are just that, not an indication they are suspicious/infected, just unable to be scanned.
By examining 1) the reason given by avast! for not being able to scan the files, 2) the location of the files, you can get an idea of what program they relate to. You may need to expand the column headings to see all the text.
The best things in life are free.