Author Topic: firehole  (Read 2943 times)

redhorse

firehole
« on: March 31, 2004, 06:46:40 PM »
I was trying a firewall bypass test called firehole but avast stopped it as a trojan. Good to know avast caught this even though the firewall didn't.  ;)
'

bassbag

Re:firehole
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2004, 08:56:01 PM »
Firehole seems to cause avast (home) lots of problems on my computer (w98se).As soon as i execute the file  , the yellow and blue bar pops up at bottom of screen (with no sound incidentallY even though sounds are enabled),telling me about firehole .dll is infected etc ,but the computer is then totally frozen.I have the windows hourglass showing as if its trying to do something.The only thing that works is the control alt delete function and i have to shut down firehole that way.The wierd thing then though is that if i execute firehole again avast pops up with the warning bar again plus the audible warning ,plus the option menu (what to do with the detected virus).Does this happen to others?
me

bassbag

Re:firehole
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2004, 10:03:26 PM »
Ive done some more experimenting and this is what happens with firehole.If i set standard shield to normal , it allows firehole to open with no warning , and no viruses found.If i set standard shield to high , it scans firehole. exe and also a file called firedll.dll (is this contained within firehole.exe? ).During this operation avast and my computer freezes.Control alt delete is possible and it shows ashserv.exe not responding.Only a reboot will then work.
Anyone know why this happens?
me