Author Topic: avast! Says "Date of Last Scan" "Not Done Yet"  (Read 2774 times)

egutsche

avast! Says "Date of Last Scan" "Not Done Yet"
« on: March 31, 2004, 08:30:46 PM »
I'm using the free home edition with WIN2000. After avast! scanned my C: drive (thorough scan) an error message was displayed reading something about =3. Also, the "Date of Last Scan" field read "Not Done Yet". ???

I scanned again, this time checking the "include archive files" option. The results listed 7 or 8 files with information saying avast! was unable to scan and that the zip registry was corrupt. After closing the results the same =3 error was displayed. "Date of Last Scan" still "Not Done Yet". :o

I'm also not sure that avast! is scanning my e-mail, since the resident scanning results for outlook are still all zero, even though I have recieved plenty of e-mail with attachments and such.

On the up-side, several viruses were detected and I deleted them. My retail boxed Norton AV 2000 ($40 CAN) missed them. But I would like to know a bit more about what is going on. Tie up these loose ends to make sure everything is humming along smoothly. ;D

techie101

Re:avast! Says "Date of Last Scan" "Not Done Yet"
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2004, 08:57:34 PM »
eg,

Firstly, if you still have Norton installed, then Avast will not run properly.  Norton has presented conflicts even when unintalled because of leftover files.

Avast is telling you that it cannot complete the scan.
The files that it will not scan are usually in the system restore, or are passworded.

Secondly, as for the email scan, right click on the A ball in the tray, open up the On Access Protection and check to see that the Internet Mail scanner module is running.

I have found that in the past, when Norton has been in a system, sustained effort has to be made to remove it completely from the registry before Avast will work properly, BUT.....
Avast will work!

You can search the forum for more information on removing Norton.

Good luck,
techie

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re:avast! Says "Date of Last Scan" "Not Done Yet"
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2004, 01:21:36 AM »
Norton and avast (or generally, two residente antivirus) cannot be running at the same system... You will have a lot of trouble. First you may decide between the two of them... I suggest avast of course  ;D
The best things in life are free.