Author Topic: For those with license key problems on another profile  (Read 3755 times)

SRS

For those with license key problems on another profile
« on: March 31, 2004, 08:32:04 PM »
here is a fix for those with problems with getting the license key to work in other profiles. the fix was done by Vlk I give full credit to you. I am just going to add to it for those not sure how to do it.
NOTE: the fix requires you to work with your registry. PLEASE BACK IT UP FIRST by highlighting my computer at the top on the left pane then select file, export all , choose save location and name it.
-----------------------------------------------
avast! support forums / avast! 4 Home/Pro / Re:Registration key error message  on: March 01, 2004, 08:54:15 PM  
Started by rraymond14, Message by Vlk
In case of rraymond14, it was caused by the fact his wife didn't have appopriate access rights to the registry key.

Log on under your account, start regedit, navigate yourself to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\ALWIL Software, click Permissions and make sure all the accounts have at least read access (they should have it by default). If they don't, you need to add it. You can add the Everyone group as well.
to do this
1. after you find that folder on the left pane right click it.
2. select permissions.
3. select add.
4. select Add.
5. select Advanced
6. select Find Now.
7. select Everyone. then ok.
8. then click the full control and read boxes under the Allow column.
9. click Apply.
repeat from step 3 FOR EACH user that you are having problems with. exit then restart and log in on the problem profile and everything should be alright.
many many thanks Vlk.