Author Topic: Computer doesn't load after installing AIS.  (Read 6991 times)

Onix

Computer doesn't load after installing AIS.
« on: January 29, 2011, 06:14:48 AM »
One of the Russian users reported a problem. He just bought HP laptop with the trial-version of Norton antivirus. He uninstalled Norton with removal tool and tried to install AIS. And now the laptop doesn't load, offering to use System Restore. The same problem happened twice already. Are there any known problems with HP hardware/software? I know, you are busy with v6, but could you investigate the problem?

P.S The laptop is  HP Mini 210-1099er, running Win7 32-bit. AIS version is 5.1.889

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Computer doesn't load after installing AIS.
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2011, 01:30:56 PM »
Onix, I really think there is a Norton's mess here...
Did the user boot after uninstall Norton and before installing avast?
Can he run the Norton uninstall tool again?
Any other security program that could interfere?
The best things in life are free.

Onix

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2011, 05:26:39 PM »
No, Norton was removed completely. The user rebooted computer before installing AIS. And he has only Windows Defender(which is turned off) and Win7 firewall.

rdmaloyjr

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2011, 07:50:04 PM »
Onix,

When you get the laptop to boot up, uninstall AIS (make sure Norton is uninstalled)

and download and save AIS setup file to desktop.

Boot into safe mode with networking, install AIS, reboot.  AIS should work fine now.

I have to do this to install AIS and sometimes even for avast! Free. ::)

ZveroBoy

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2011, 07:15:44 AM »
Onix

Did everything as you wrote. It does not help. The notebook stops working properly after hibernation. At this time restore the laptop to factory settings. Time to reinstall Windows 7 will disable the installation of Norton Internet Setsurity and establish AIS. If and then the computer will not run, I'll throw the AIS in the trash and tell all my friends that this shit, not antivirus.

My proplem: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=70196.0

SafeSurf

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2011, 09:48:34 AM »
At this time restore the laptop to factory settings.
If you did a restore to factory settings, you are now restoring Norton trial version again!  To fix your problem, please see below and follow the instructions in the order it is written.

You need to do the following in this order:

1. Uninstall Norton: http://us.norton.com/support/kb/web_view.jsp?wv_type=public_web&docurl=20080710133834ENReboot.

2. Uninstall and clean install of AIS:
- Save a copy of Avast 5.1.889 AIS: http://files.avast.com/iavs5x/setup_ais.exeand save it to your hard drive.
- Download the Avast Uninstall Utility http://www.avast.com/uninstall-utility and save it to your HDD.  Reboot your machine.
- Disconnect from the Internet at this time.
- Go to Control Panel and uninstall Avast through Add/Remove Programs if possible and Reboot.
- If Step 4 fails, boot into Safe Mode (hit F8 repeatedly) and run the Avast Uninstall Tool.  Uninstall AIS at this time.
- Reboot.
- Install the newest version of Avast and Reboot.
- Get Internet access and add the license key for AIS.
    - Update the Avast definitions.

Let us know if this fixes your problem.  Thank you.

ZveroBoy

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2011, 11:30:15 AM »
SafeSurf

Fun tips buddy. But I did so. At this point, after returning the laptop to factory settings and install the AIS system has been behaving just as well. Once the computer comes out of sleep, nothing works. At this point, after trying to restart the computer I see the display message "Hard drive not found" ...

SafeSurf

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2011, 09:32:54 AM »
ZveroBoy,

When you did your factory reset, did you uninstall Norton first since doing a factory reset allowed Norton to go back on your machine?

After doing the Norton uninstall per the directions I gave you in my post above, did you then follow the directions I gave you for AIS?

You cannot have 2 antivirus (AV's) on the same machine or they will cause conflicts and things won't work on your machine.  So if you did not uninstall Norton after doing your factory reset, follow my directions in my previous post...do NOT do a factory reset (there is no need to do it).  If you have problems with a message "HDD not found," try going into Safe Mode.

Let us know how this works.  Thank you.

ZveroBoy

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2011, 11:17:13 AM »
SafeSurf

I repeat: I uninstalled Norton Setsurity Suite before installing the AIS. First, I uninstalled the program through the Control Panel, and then used the Norton Tool utility, what do I do to AIS normally installed??

At the moment, AIS removed, and no problems with the work after hibernation I do not watch .... AIS - cool!

ZveroBoy

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2011, 02:17:28 PM »
Hi again!

I have just spoken with representatives of the company's technical support Norton. Using remote access, they watched my computer, and said that no traces of Norton Internet Security on my computer there.
Again, the AIS was installed on a clean computer. But when exiting from sleep mode, the system hangs.

Now I removed the AIS, now is no problem with coming out of hibernation there

In this regard, I have a few questions:

- Does the company have avast support in Russia?

- If yes, what kind of phone from the service? Site under "contact" I did not find such information.

- If the service desk is, I would like to learn more (in Russian) about why I bought the AIS is not working properly. Can easily use the Remote Control.

Russian support, where are you? I need you.
You take the same fee for its product, as well as Norton. Why you can not provide proper support for Russian users???

SafeSurf

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2011, 08:19:30 AM »
Contact Avast: http://www.avast.com/contact-form.php?loadStyles - use drop down menu.