Author Topic: New User - setup to automatically repair or move to check without popup  (Read 14307 times)

darksidesh

I upgraded to the Professional (testing right now), and would like it if a virus/maleware is found the the system does NOT produce a popup and asking me the choices.  I would rather have it automatically repair the file, or if that does not work to move it the the chest - no user intervention.  Specifically when out surfing the Internet with Internet Explorer and/or Mozilla's Firefox, and also when a virus scan is run.

I have a brother-in-law that goes to some sites, and gets bunches of these virus/malware warnings and I am afraid he is not going to answer properly.

I have Windows XP Pro SP2, and all current updates.  All users are normal uses without admin privileges, other than my administrator account (I use my personal account and it is a normal user).  Avast Profession, and all its latest updates.

Thank you in advance.

Offline xistenz

• Poster
Enable silent mode on the webshield and standard shield under advanced tab {"With General answer NO (Cancel)"}

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
I upgraded to the Professional (testing right now), and would like it if a virus/maleware is found the the system does NOT produce a popup and asking me the choices.
Right click the Standartd Shield Task on the Enhanced Interface and choose Properties.
Go to 'Virus' page of the providers (each one has its own) and set according to the picture.
(Oh, enable 'Advanced configuration' option at the bottom)  ;)
The best things in life are free.

albertina62

tech thanks for your answer on the topic  to remove the popups when you scanning i have changed the  mode in silent and now it is good  i was verry irritating about that popups and i looked but cant find to remove this popups til i read your response and i imidedly changed the settings and  i want to say thanks for it

albertina62

I upgraded to the Professional (testing right now), and would like it if a virus/maleware is found the the system does NOT produce a popup and asking me the choices.
Right click the Standartd Shield Task on the Enhanced Interface and choose Properties.
Go to 'Virus' page of the providers (each one has its own) and set according to the picture.
(Oh, enable 'Advanced configuration' option at the bottom)  ;)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
tech thanks for your answer on the topic  to remove the popups when you scanning i have changed the  mode in silent and now it is good  i was verry irritating about that popups and i looked but cant find to remove this popups til i read your response and i imidedly changed the settings and  i want to say thanks for it
Seems you've find the way... I have posted some seconds ago the same solution...
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=36435.new#new
The best things in life are free.