Author Topic: Security Programs don't like Expstudio Audio Editor >.<  (Read 2056 times)

alexthegreat

Security Programs don't like Expstudio Audio Editor >.<
« on: June 22, 2008, 12:32:41 AM »
Well, I have ExpStudio Audio Editor installed on my machine to edit some audio clips.   It works pretty good, but now I use ubuntu for all my media needs.  So today I decided to scan with Avast! while I was scanning I went and made my self a roast beef sandwich  :D  and all of a sudden I heard "WARNING!  A virus has been detected" so I went to my computer and found it said C:/Program Files/Expstudio/Audio Editor/reset.exe was infected with Win32:Trojan-Gen{Other}.  So I went to VirusTotal and scanned the file.  Only 2 anti-virus Programs said it was infected.  Avast! and GData.  So I knew it was a false positive.  But the fact is that COMODO Firewall Pro attacked Expstudio Audio Editor.  It quaranteed 5 items.  Which all I scanned at VirusTotal and 10 anti viruses thought it was malicious.  So even though I thought it was a false positive I put it in the Virus Chest (for the reason that the program is blamed to be infected so much)  Any one know if this is really malware?