Author Topic: mapped drives  (Read 2772 times)

sandy1

mapped drives
« on: June 21, 2008, 03:36:11 AM »
    When I try to connect to a drive letter mapped to a local shared folder, I get an error message:
"Not enough server storage is available to process this command".  This never happened before I installed Avast 4.8 home edition on Windows XP Home SP2.

Offline alanrf

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Just an avast user
Re: mapped drives
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2008, 10:08:15 PM »
Please see this post:

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=29300.msg240716#msg240716

Let me emphasize that most folks experiencing this need a higher value than that recommended in the Microsoft article.  I found 18 worked for me but some needed a bit higher.

Just another comment on the IRPStackSize ... it is necessary (I and others have found) to restart the system after creating/changing it to be effective. The change needs to be made on the system that the drive(s) being shared are on, not on the system that is trying to make the connection.

This is not an avast issue in itself - just the running out of a Windows XP resource due to all the stuff installed on the system.  I first ran into this problem when I installed my backup imaging package.

sandy1

Re: mapped drives
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2008, 05:51:58 PM »
Please see this post:

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=29300.msg240716#msg240716

Let me emphasize that most folks experiencing this need a higher value than that recommended in the Microsoft article.  I found 18 worked for me but some needed a bit higher.

Just another comment on the IRPStackSize ... it is necessary (I and others have found) to restart the system after creating/changing it to be effective. The change needs to be made on the system that the drive(s) being shared are on, not on the system that is trying to make the connection.

This is not an avast issue in itself - just the running out of a Windows XP resource due to all the stuff installed on the system.  I first ran into this problem when I installed my backup imaging package.

Changing IRPStackSize from 11 to 18 worked fine.  I didn't try any other values.  Thanks.