Author Topic: Raid 0 F6 Problem...Please Help!!!  (Read 13208 times)

jibbs

Raid 0 F6 Problem...Please Help!!!
« on: June 22, 2008, 08:59:20 PM »
Hi, I got the Bart Cd recently but It won't install the raid drivers for my hard drives when booting up. I press F6 and choose the drivers from the floppy then I continue. A few minutes later it says "cannot find file nvrd32.sys cannot continue" I checked the floppy and the file is definitely there. Any suggestions??

My system is a Raid 0 on Nvidia Nforce4 Sli.

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
Re: Raid 0 F6 Problem...Please Help!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2008, 02:15:42 PM »
Can the file be read? I.e. isn't it a floppy read failure? (happens quite often)
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

jibbs

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2008, 12:22:52 AM »
no. I can def read the floppy. And it reads fine when I'm selecting the raid driver. I also tried a different floppy with no luck. Is there any way to slipstream the drivers onto the cd?

missionelect

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2009, 09:02:01 PM »
I am having the exact same problem with the F6 adding my RAID driver. I have the i680 Nvidia RAID controller on my system. Everytime I hit f6 and install the driver it lets me add the driver and continues to proceed but then before it finishes booting to the desktop it says "The file nvraid.sys could not be found. Press any key to continue." I press a key and it just reboots the system and starts all over. And before you suggest that its something wrong with the floppy or the driver I have tried 3 different driver files from nvidia, and asus, and my original cd and have copied the files to 3 different floppies all of which I have run a check disk on and all of the sectors checked out good. Anyway, if you have any suggestion I would really appreciate it. The Bart cd doesnt do me any good without detecting my drives. Thanks very much.

missionelect

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2009, 08:41:08 PM »
Just thought I would let everyone know that may have a 680i raid setup that the new 3.0 beta works fine with it and there is no need to install any drivers. This is how I would advise that anyone with this issue should proceed. Thanks for the 3.0 guys it was a real life saver.