Author Topic: KNOWN FP: yahoo! false positive  (Read 22280 times)

jenny718

Re: KNOWN FP: yahoo! false positive
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2008, 01:30:38 AM »
Hello i am getting the same mesage  can anyone tell me how ot fix this problem cuz its getting on my nerves and also what is vps

PJRichman

« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2008, 01:31:32 AM »
Thanks JY ... that did it for me

pelican1

« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2008, 01:37:33 AM »
Thanks ChapChap!

gjoo888

« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2008, 01:51:32 AM »
Whew! It's good to know that it's a false positive. I do have a question, when you move an infected file or even a false postive infected file to the virus chest, what do you do with it after that? Do you need to delete it, just leave it there or what? Thanks.

don1p2

« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2008, 02:37:06 AM »
Got a VPS update at 8:25 EDST. The Yahoo issue has been resolved here. ;D

Offline Tarq57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • If at first you don’t succeed; call it version 1.0
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2008, 11:53:45 AM »
don, what VPS version is current that eliminates that detection?
Windows 10,Windows Firewall,Firefox w/Adblock.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2008, 04:37:54 PM »
080623-0
The best things in life are free.

chapchap70

« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2008, 04:49:21 AM »
I'm curious as to what would cause flags only at one website (one url even?).  The computer I am using runs Vista; did it only affect Vista machines?  I probably won't understand the computer techno-speak explanation so the simpler it is, the more chance I have in understanding it. 
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 04:59:04 AM by chapchap70 »

Toledo343

« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2008, 05:22:06 AM »
Hello I was recently also effected by this issue.  I was able to access myyahoo perfectly but whenever I would enter yahoo.com I would receive the malware alert from AVAST.  At this point I have Vps version 080623-1 and I no longer receive the malware alert but now I have a new problem.  Whenever I launch Yahoo and myyahoo loads I now receive an "about:blank" screen (again after myyahoo completely loads).  I never had this problem before I understand that "about:blank" is malware.  The about:blank appears as a white screen without any text or graphics (it opens as a separate tab).  I can navigate the internet without any problems and can get rid of the about:blank screen.  What I am confused about is the fact that I never had this issue before it happened after the AVAST update.  I do not navigate any suspicious websites and I am very careful being online period.  Another interesting situation is that I only receive the about:blank screen when I first launch Yahoo (and myyahoo loads for the first time) if I enter myyahoo again the about:blank screen does not appear.  At this point I don't know what to do and I don't know if anyone has experienced this issue.

Skelator

« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2008, 08:05:38 AM »
The time this actually started happening was around 6:20pm cst and it did have something to do with Yahoo as when it occured almost within 20 minutes Avast updated itself and then the Yahoo main page loaded fine with one exception,it'e red Yahoo! logo was grey/black like something had happen. About 20 minutes later it was back to it's original red.

Skelator 8)